What's new

Which Razorock Series for Daily Shaver?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
For a daily shaver with (IMO) sensitive skin, which Razorock design (Lupo, Mamba or Gamechanger) in your experience would be the smoothest? I gather the Lupo is essentially a Wolfman copy so leaning towards it, blade gap TBD, but open to suggestions. Not concerned so much about blade gap, can always buy other plates if needbe

What are your experiences with these 3 series?

I suggest also considering the Superslant series in the lower baseplates. I've tried the L3, the L1++, and, finally, the L1+. For my tough old man whiskers and fairly sensitive skin, this one works great. The most challenging of my areas is my upper lip going ATG S-N; the L1+ passes that test with flying colors. It is surprisingly efficient for me.

(I also have some Lupo baseplates and Gamechangers, but still suggest the Superslant. I think it a better razor.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

I suggest also considering the Superslant series in the lower baseplates. I've tried the L3, the L1++, and, finally, the L1+. For my tough old man whiskers and fairly sensitive skin, this one works great. The most challenging of my areas is my upper lip going ATG S-N; the L1+ passes that test with flying colors. It is surprisingly efficient for me.

(I also have some Lupo baseplates and Gamechangers, but still suggest the Superslant. I think it a better razor.)

Happy shaves,

Jim
How would you rank the aggressiveness of the L1+ to the other RR razors? The superslants aren't listed on his comparison list.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
How would you rank the aggressiveness of the L1+ to the other RR razors? The superslants aren't listed on his comparison list.

I'm not quite able to do that as I've not used the others in too long to be sure.

The L1+ is devoid of aggressiveness. It is super smooth, easy to use, not prone to jumping up out of nowhere to bite me, and hasn't ever, so far, drawn blood or irritated my skin. It is not aggressive at all.

As I recall, I like some iterations of the Gamechanger and Lupo, but I didn't love any that I tried. I liked the GC more than the Lupo, but I much prefer the Superslant to either, at least in the L1+ version.

I hope that helps but doubt it will.

Happy shaves,

Jim

You really didn’t provide a reference point. I have used mostly all GC and Lupos. Start with the GC .76-p if your skin is pretty normal and beard is normal or heavier. If sensitive and lighter beard then .68-p.

I have .68 p and shaved great, burnout efficient as I wanted. Have .84 open comb and it works fine for me, but I think I like my Lupo.72 the best, and I shave everyday.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I only have one RazoRock, which is the Game Changer 68.

Prior to that, the Edwin Jagger DE3D14 was my primary razor for several years. I tried the Game Changer for a month, back in March of this year, but still wasn't getting shaves as good as with the Jagger. However, I was convinced I could do better with it, as I have used even milder razors in the past. So I stuck with it, and the learning curve eventually peaked after around 14.1/2 weeks (probably around 50-60 shaves). By that point I was finally getting perfectly stubble free shaves, with zero irritation (just as I expect to be able to achieve with the Jagger) after two passes and a bit of localised touch up work.

I've been shaving with double edged razors for 30 years, so I'm far from a beginner, yet it still took time and patience to yield the very best that this razor had to offer me. I'm saying all this so that you don't lose heart if you're not getting perfect shaves after the third try. Technique trumps tool every time, and technique takes time to develop, and adapt after a change of tools.

I'm still using that same Game Changer 68 razor, because I don't fancy putting the great shaves on hold for a couple of months while I fully calibrate myself to a different razor again :devil:

I agree with those recommending the tech. I had a GC 68 and used it daily for weeks to give it an honest try but the shaves were never as smooth and enjoyable as those from my tech or merkur HD. Something about the geometry never agreed with me
I totally agree. I got the GC 68. Had to to do soooo much clean up work around the jaw and neck. Going over like 5x, thats even with a Nacet. Caused me bad irritation and razor burn/bumps, then I go back to my beloved Merkur 34G and its does an excellent job with only a little clean up needed on the neck and ZERO irritation/ razor burn. I just got the .84 BP and have yet to try it but if that doesn't work better for me im selling all of it. Hate having things I dont like. Nearly spent 200$ alltogtehr on everything razo rock and so far been bad but I've yet to try the .84 plate so well see...

I also agree, but an etched cap post war. Although price wise both aren’t too expensive.

I prefer the Superslant L2, then L2++ (figure the 2+ would be my sweet spot but I’m cheap), the Superslant is pretty tied to the German 37 slant, then the newer plate GC .76 then the Lupo 58, then GC 84 and GC 68. Of all they offer that I’ve tried I only really enjoy the slants. I’ve debated the BBS but can’t justify it.

I‘ve tried a lot of razors. I like variety but it’s hard to beat the vintage Gillettes. Right now there’s a red tip rocket on my counter (I’ll admit is hard to find) but prior was a Fatboy. I am biased to vintage but good is good.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
For a daily shaver with (IMO) sensitive skin, which Razorock design (Lupo, Mamba or Gamechanger) in your experience would be the smoothest? I gather the Lupo is essentially a Wolfman copy so leaning towards it, blade gap TBD, but open to suggestions. Not concerned so much about blade gap, can always buy other plates if needbe

What are your experiences with these 3 series?

I liked the Gamechanger more than the Lupo, but my favorite by far would be this one.

1-5-24.SS-L1+.Mike's.PersianJarMozingo.640.JPG

The handle is not RazoRock but the head is the truly smooth and mild feeling yet also reasonably efficient Superslant L1+. I tried other of the SS baseplates including the L1++, but was amazed when I first tried the L1+. Wow!

I have tough old man whiskers, an average beard density, and skin which is a tad on the sensitive and dry sides. I shave daily.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom