What's new

Which Razorock Series for Daily Shaver?

For a daily shaver with (IMO) sensitive skin, which Razorock design (Lupo, Mamba or Gamechanger) in your experience would be the smoothest? I gather the Lupo is essentially a Wolfman copy so leaning towards it, blade gap TBD, but open to suggestions. Not concerned so much about blade gap, can always buy other plates if needbe

What are your experiences with these 3 series?

For my also sensitive skin, both face and head, the .68 Gamechanger treated my skin best.
The only Lupo that treated my skin well was the Lupo DLC. The new Lupo, even with the .58 plate wasn't as smooth as the DLC.
I've never tried the aluminum Lupo, but it looks to have the same design as the (discontinued) DLC.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Lupo .95 OC is mild enough for daily shaving and very good.

The Game Changer series still might be more to your liking. It's a different feeling. Personally I find the GC .84 OC and JAWS to be more aggressive than the Lupo .95 OC.

BBS series is extremely mild and the least efficient.

SuperSlant... makes both Game Changer and Lupo look damn old. For the appropriate Superslant level better ask someone else, I cannot gauge what is still daily or mild for you. Would go for the L2 OC if I would have to make a wild guess.

Try them all, you never know until you try...
Plus they are so cost effective, making the try easier with one hell of a buy.

Both my dad (95 - Italian) and I are long time R.R. adventurers.
One of my long time favs are BBS OC, A & AS... no talk on them but I could careless...
Sure the other lines/series are super also...

We are pretty lucky to have so many choices out there!
Just remember, you don't have to spend a lot of money for a great shave.
Once you master your overall shave process (& post), skills and consistency... the tool will find you...
Shave On,
BFX

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
For daily use, I’d recommend any of the following:

Mamba 0.53
Game Changer JAWS 0.84
”German” 37
BBS “Standard”
SLOC

I also like and use their Hawk single edge razors, but the blades are more expensive than regular, double-edged razor blades.

For a daily shaver with (IMO) sensitive skin, which Razorock design (Lupo, Mamba or Gamechanger) in your experience would be the smoothest? I gather the Lupo is essentially a Wolfman copy so leaning towards it, blade gap TBD, but open to suggestions. Not concerned so much about blade gap, can always buy other plates if needbe

What are your experiences with these 3 series?
You need a Pre-war Tech in your life.

I also shave daily, and I have experience with the various GameChanger .84 models, the Lupo .95 OC and the SuperSlant L3 and L2++. The SuperSlant L3, despite its looks, seems the smoothest to me, but in terms of efficiency it matches the Lupo .95 OC. I sold the GameChanger .84 because I found it to be less efficient than I prefer, but it is a very capable razor and very comfortable for daily shaving. I've ordered the new GameChange 1.05, but I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on it.

CollectThemAllIco.png

I have not (yet) tried the Lupo .95 OC or the SuperSlant level three, but Ihave been using a Lupo .95 SB for a while. My skin is pretty sensitive, but with the Lupo I can get an excellent shave with almost no irritation noticeable from the alum bar. The Lupo does require a fairly delicate touch - it’s not a Feather AS-DS. I do have all three solid bar baseplates, but have found the .95 is the best for me. All plates are pretty smooth, but the .95 is much more efficient.
Jack

I have properly sensitive skin (all the fragrance allergies, dermatitis, eczema, etc.) and own the GC 0.68 & 0.84 and the Lupo 0.72 & 0.95.

If I had to shave daily, I would use the GC 0.68 and content myself with a DFS, but I usually can't shave more than two or three days in a row before my skin needs a break, even with that one. My actual preference is to shave every other day, and for that purpose any of the other three work fine and provide a deeper, longer lasting shave than the 0.68 (but that doesn't matter if you shave daily).

Truth be told, all of them can provide excellent shaves when paired with a sharp blade and the right technique - you really need to try them to see if you can find YOUR favourite, or you may find that actually they all work pretty well, as I have. If I was in your shoes, I would start with the GC 0.68 or maybe the new 0.76 plate...

...or try a Tech, as suggested. The GC 0.68 is basically a heavy, stainless steel Tech anyway, albeit perhaps a hair less efficient than the pre-war Techs.

The aluminum Lupo was way too rough for me so that series is out because you can't get milder. I think the Mamba series might be too mild even in their highest baseplate. I never got good shaves with the game changer but have not tried the newest plate yet. Standard BBS would be my choice - the others were too aggressive with no benefit to efficiency. I also looked at the top cap for the Mamba and BBS the other day. They look exactly the same - not 1000% certain but you could combo that too by just buying baseplates.

I would choose a brass Karve Overlander over all these for the extra $20. It has to be the best buy in price per performance in my experience.

Last edited:
I am also a daily shaver. I have the Lupo Al and really like it. With Overlander these two razors are my favorite these days.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm a daily shaver and find it depends on how much blade feel a person wants in his or her shave.
Neutral > to minimal positive blade exposure that give a nice shave! Razorock SLOC, RR old type and RR game changer.84 (tame mid range.)
Razors with some positive blade exposure but not over the top with blade feel, RR German 37, RR lupo.72 & RR lupo.95, RR mission & RR Mentor.

For a daily driver the RR SLOC(some blade tab overhang) is a nice razor and is a good razor for sensitive skin or a person who just wants a quick DFS and out the door.
The new RR Super slant model has lots of ranges for aggression from mild to aggressive, I do not own one yet but you have to go to the RR Super slant thread from owners reviews and lots of folks like the Super Slant razor if thinking about owning one.
Enjoy the hunt for a nice RR razor!

I have a bunch of plates for the GameChanger and the 84-P is the smoothest of the bunch for me, it's what I'd pick for a daily shaver or for sensitive skin out of the GC family. I had a Lupo 95 for a little bit and prefered the GC 84 - It's more of an "autopilot" razor for me, I had to pay attention more with the Lupo. Which I should be doing anyway but you know.

I currently have a SuperSlant L3 on loan for Slantember, however, and it's beating out the GC 84 in efficiency for sure. It's almost as smooth, there's just a tad more blade feel with the SS - but not a lot, not a scary amount at all. And surprisingly (to me, this is my first slant) the SuperSlant feels as forgiving as the GC and more so than the Lupo. The SS is not the "death on a handle" I thought a slant would be. At all.

I know @Chan Eil Whiskers landed on the SS L1+ as his daily driver plate and that's on my list to try. @Tanuki and @Old Hippie are fans of the L2++OC and that's another plate I'd like to test out in the future.

Top Bottom