What's new

What's your pet peeve about wet shaving?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'd have to say I hate it when a well hydrated lather runs off the brush onto my fingers, or when I big gob of it falls off the brush onto my chest. Perhaps what I hate most of all is when water drips down my forearm. Dunno why, but it really bothers me.
Sounds like you have a gravity problem. Try shaving upsidedown 😁.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Available (without the label) on AliExpress for about US$2 each including shipping.

IMG_20230526_112148.jpg

IMG_20230526_112120.jpg

I use one as my travel alum stick.

Last edited:
The SO’s reaction to new scents.
She goes totally over the top in reaction.
I recently tried Pre de Provence No. 63. O M G. The windows were open, she washed everything from the bathroom, towels, rug and shower curtains. Had the room closed with fan blowing out the windows.
At least she tolerates ToBS Jermyn St and AdP.

I can't fathom how someone wouldn't like the scent of PdP 63. Much less go to all the trouble of washing everything. It's one of my absolute favorites.

As for my pet preve, it's the endless re-formulations and new bases from some soap makers. Just when I find something I like it changes. Pick a formula and stick with it!

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I shower before shaving to soften up my whiskers. Makes for a smoother shave, imo. I also seem to get a slightly closer shave with clean skin, although that could all be in my head.

I actually used to shave in the shower before I retired. Thinking about, I did wash my body and face first before I shaved.

Now, I shower at night to go to bed clean on clean sheets and then shave first thing in the morning at the sink. A splash of warm water on the face and then face lathering with a loaded brush of soap, I think cleans my face adequately just before I take a razor to it? :)

Top Bottom