whats your equivalent to the power tie?

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by Schad, Oct 10, 2011.

1. do you have a frag that you wear at work that is your power tie equivalent of "do not f*** with me today i am in charge" fragrance? like "i dont give a f*** what u think" scent when youre in that kind of mood?

i dont know if i have one. even tho tobacco vanille isn't a rough fragrance given the vanilla, the strong scent it has is why sometimes i like to wear it when im in one of those moods. its like i know its not a work scent and it's strong sillage but again 'i dont give a damn' type of days it hits the spot!

i can see where aventus would work for this but i dont like the smell of aventus even tho i own it.

2. My favorite less altruistic scents are:

MPG ~ Route du Vetiver
    Guerlain ~ Mouchoir de Monsieur

3. Van Clef & Arpels Pour Homme
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Creed Vintage Tabarome
    Creed Baie de Genivre

4. Creed Bois du Portugal

5. Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie
    Creed Vintage Tabarome

6. For me a power tie scent is Profumum Fumidus, which opens with a good measure of scotch whisky but stretches out into a classy but fortified vetiver. If I want a DFWM scent, I wear SMN's Nostalgia, which smells like black leather, gasoline and motor oil.

7. The Knize

The Knize Moderator Emeritus

Maybe K10 or Pen's Douro fits. When I am being aloof and perhaps distainful or arrogant, Pen's BB. Or maybe Lorenzo Villirosi Vet Sigilli Anthuna or however that is spelled!

8. HMC

HMC

+1 on the Vintage Tabarome if you can find it.
    If not, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet--

9. The Nid Hog

The Nid Hog Moderator Emeritus

Vintage Tabarome for me.

10. Grey Flannel.
    Dior Dune pour Homme.

Both very dry, no-funny-business scents with excellent projection.

11. Pronbably Knize 10 or MPG RdV for me

12. +1 Vint.Tab. Also like the Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie suggestion, although its so dang lovely its hard to stay in that agressive mood!

Aramis Havana too.

13. Vintage Tabarome or maybe a good shot of old form Givenchy Gentlemen - let them get a blast of raw civet! Bois du Portugal or Blenheim Bouquet for a more civilized muscle flexing.

14. jakespoppy

jakespoppy Moderator Emeritus

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur
    Hermes Eau de Hermes
    MPG Parfum D'Habit
    SMN Aqua de Cuba
    Tabac Eau de Cologne

15. Chanel Pour Homme Concentree.

Lasting power.

16. Tom Ford Extreme

17. Floris Elite. Beautiful, but not a fragrance that invites others to hang out and watch the game.

18. jakespoppy

jakespoppy Moderator Emeritus

I really enjoy both of these scents. TFE took a few wearings to grow on me, while Elite was an instant winner. :thumbup1:

19. Doc4

Doc4 Moderator Emeritus Contributor

I like the way you think. I'll have to get some Douro. :wink2:

I've been using a sample vial of this, and agree.