What's new

What's in your pocket today?

valiant-ii.jpg

Today I would like to introduce you to a real daily companion. It is the Pelikan M205 Duo Neon Special Edition. You can see it here together with the corresponding ink. With this fountain pen, reviewing documents is a real pleasure. The steel nib with size BB is suitable for marking text as well as for small notes next to and between the text.

The color is difficult to capture with a photo. It shines like a marker in real life. However, I have adjusted the photo a little and enhanced the colors so that the writing is easier to see.

I wish you all a wonderful day!

IMG_9269.jpeg

Monteverde Invincia Abalone/Gunmetal F, Diamine Eau de Nil. I tried a trick I found on Fountain Pen Network, wrapping thread around the grip and sealing it with clear nail polish so that it's not slippery. It doesn't look great but at least I can hold it now. I don't think I'll buy another pen with a smooth metal grip.
1000040641.jpg

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Monteverde Invincia Abalone/Gunmetal F, Diamine Eau de Nil. I tried a trick I found on Fountain Pen Network, wrapping thread around the grip and sealing it with clear nail polish so that it's not slippery. It doesn't look great but at least I can hold it now. I don't think I'll buy another pen with a smooth metal grip.
View attachment 1825007

That's a clever hack. Did it slip by rotating, or by your fingers sliding down the grip section?

IMG_6515.jpeg

Narwhal (now: Nahvalur) Schuylkill, Porpita Navy, with a two- tone Bock #6 (Typ 250) steel nib in broad. Inked with Sailor Ink Studio # 841 on Tomoe River 52 gsm paper.

The Narwhal pen is a piston filler in a lovely designed resin. It is upgraded with a Bock Typ 250 nib >B< and inked with #841 from Sailor Ink Studio, a dark teal with green undertones.

Sailor has a total of 100 inks in their Ink Studio line. This line has been developed in response to the success Sailor had during Studio ink events with their custom formulated inks. Enthusiasts could approach Sailor's ink masters and request a particular color and specific ink properties. Sailor kept all their ink recipes on file and created the Ink Studio inks from those records. Many inks shade and sheen (all of them are dye inks) some are even shading in several different colors at once; like #162 which is a light green but shades into purple. Each ink is numbered systematically with a three digit number, the first digit being brightness and saturation, the second being hue and the third being (possibly) CMYK hue.

The Ink Studio bottles are only 20 ml and rather expensive for the bottle size, but all of them are well worth to try. You'd be surprised what ink can actually do. Aside from two Special Edition Kobe Inks, Sailor Manyo, Sailor Shikiori, and one Sailor Kingdom Note ink, I currently have a selection of eight different Ink Studio inks. They are hands down the best inks in my collection.

IMG_6516.jpeg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Sailor 1911S (MS) with Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai.

This pen has not been inked up in probably over six years. After the last time I cleaned it, I set the nib aside to dry and put the rest of the components with the rest of my pens. Somehow, I never ended up putting the nib back with the rest of the pen, and I thought that I had lost it. I found it a couple days ago mixed in with some gold plated electronics jacks.

After all this time, it feels like I just bought a new pen that I know I already love. I forgot how wet and buttery smooth this nib is.

20240407_221753.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom