What's in your pocket today?

Discussion in 'The Nib' started by nemo, Jan 14, 2012.

1. nemo

nemo Moderator Emeritus

Mine's carrying a Wahl Eversharp Skyline demi and a Pelikan 140

[​IMG]

2. djh

djh Moderator

Love that Pelikan Doug! I have a Lamy 2K in my messenger bag and was making a few diary notes with it on the way home from town this afternoon.

3. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

Dropped a Kaweco Sport Ice in my pocket before running errands.

4. That Eversharp has an interesting taper to it. I might be remembering this wrong, but I think I read about a particular model of the Sheaffer Balance that was tapered to be used to dial rotary phones. Is that true and if so, was that Eversharp designed for the same purpose?

5. A zebra f701 i work retail and make night deposits. Have use ballpoint.

6. nemo

nemo Moderator Emeritus

No, the taper is just a part of the look modernist industrial designer Henry Dreyfuss was after. Phone dialers were popular but usually had a hard rubber piece attached to protect the celluloid.

7. Carrying around a Pilot Petit1 fountain pen and a Fisher bullet style space pen.

8. Noodlers Flex. Hopefully the firefighters are no longer outside my door so I can go to the library and use it :thumbup:

9. Again I bow to your knowledge! Thanks for the info.

To keep this on topic, I'll be carrying my somewhat uninspired but ever-reliable TWSBI 540 today.

10. The Nid Hog

The Nid Hog Moderator Emeritus

I've got a Lamy 2000 w/PR American Blue and a Rhodia pocket notebook.

11. Rudy Vey

Rudy Vey Vendor Contributor

Pelikan M 800 with Diamine Sherwood Green

12. brianw

brianw Moderator Emeritus

Pel 800, Vac Jr., Retro 51, and of course......"51" flighter

13. Black "51" and TWSBI 530

Tom

14. I carried a black Kaweco Sport filled with Visconti Turquoise to work today. This evening I filled my new Pelikan M215 Lozenge with Parker Quink blue-black. I've wanted one of those for years, and I'm sorry I waited so long to purchase one. The medium nib is a bit finer than, say, a Waterman medium, and it has some flex. It's a smooth writer with just a touch of tooth. It's not buttery smooth, and I like that. I'm as happy with the m215 as I am with my Pilot Vanishing Point and Sailor Sapporo. As an aside, the Kaweco Sport writes as nice as those pricier pens listed above, so if you don't have one of those, they're well worth the asking price.

-Andy

15. I'm in the shop today, so I've got my Kaweco Sport loaded with Noodler's Black. For me, the Kaweco is the perfect pocket pen. It's unlikely to come uncapped, the cap design makes it almost unbreakable, and it's short enough to go in my pants pocket if need be.

16. Matte black ebonite Edison Pearl (Bulb filler) w/ .7 stub filled with Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo

17. brianw

brianw Moderator Emeritus

nice......

18. Let's see, I had a bunch, I had a Mystery pen, black with some fake leather trim. I also had my Pilot 78g and my new Sheaffer VFM.

19. Argonaut

Argonaut Moderator Emeritus

Sheaffer Valiant and a Rhodia 3x5 notebook, I don't leave home without them.

20. My new mystery pen, which I admit is still a mystery to me. Is it a fuliwan?

Marty