What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Today I am using my new fountain pen the Hongdian M2 EF with Diamine Twilight
1707137745758.png

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm obviously not writing enough at home. Well, I have been putting marks on paper, but only with pencil in a puzzle book. I had need of a fountain pen earlier, and all three inked pens had dried feeds. I got the Baoer 388 working with just a bit of spittle on the nib slot. The Diamine Ochre was back flowing properly within half a dozen words.

The two Parkers will probably need their nibs wafting under a slow running cold tap, then a paragraph or two of writing. That usually wakes them up just fine, and they'll usually keep awake for at least a few days after too..

Sailor 1911 Maki-e Hinageshi by master Kosen Oshita. But, Sailor messed up here. The clip covers part of the Maki-e and can't be turned as it has to sit in a groove on the cap. Poor design. Apart from this it is a very nice decoration and nice soft writer.

What do you guys write down with your pens on a regular day? This is a serious question I have. They only pen use I see in my life, is writing down a shopping list every few days. For this I use a pencil or some cheap ballpoint pen. I don't keep journals nor do I write letters. And at the office everything is digital.

What do you guys write down with your pens on a regular day? This is a serious question I have. They only pen use I see in my life, is writing down a shopping list every few days. For this I use a pencil or some cheap ballpoint pen. I don't keep journals nor do I write letters. And at the office everything is digital.
Journal and I write all my engineering notes by hand at work. I also found that the process of writing things by hand, I can remember things better.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What do you guys write down with your pens on a regular day?

I keep a small pocket sized notebook for grocery shopping, and will jot down in it whenever I see something running low, or get an urge for something different. I have a second book for non-grocery shopping, which helps me quell or offset spontaneous urges, as well as record gift ideas for people in the family.

Most of the ink just goes in an A4 pad, whose purpose is just for thinking out loud. It is not a journal to be kept for posterity, or ever read my others, just to address my thoughts in the moment, particularly if I have any king of project on the go, immediate life challenge, or anything else that gets my mind racing or straying off the beaten track.

Top Bottom