What's new

What your EDC (Every Day Carry)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401803424.984711.jpg

My typical EDC, including a couple of things that roll in/out as needed. Wallet, card wallet (when working), keys, zippo, tactical pen, Gerber Mini Suspension -P, Kershaw Vapor are all standard and find a home in front or cargo pockets. Spyderco Ambitious either replaces the Vapor, or gets carried in a boot. Cold Steel Pocket Bushman gets carried 90% of the time, usually in the back right, or in the knife pocket of my 5.11 Taclite pros. The KA-Bar TDI Law Enforcement is belt carried back left in place of a firearm, which are not legal here. The 5.11 spear point is occasionally boot carried opposite or in place of the Ambitious, if I cannot carry the TDI, or if I feel a second defensive blade is necessary.

Not shown, is a larger multitool, carried when needed, a small single AA light with defensive crown, as well as my iPhone.

Wallet, keys, sunglasses, cell phone, Ruger LC9 and started carrying space blanket, disposable poncho, water filter, paracord and lighter wrapped in duct tape ever since the whole city of Atlanta was shut down for a day and a half when it snowed 3 inches this Jan.

Wallet, keys, sunglasses, cell phone, Ruger LC9 and started carrying space blanket, disposable poncho, water filter, paracord and lighter wrapped in duct tape ever since the whole city of Atlanta was shut down for a day and a half when it snowed 3 inches this Jan.

Wasn't that insane!? I am from the northeast and have never seen anything like what happened this past winter. State government was shut down almost the whole week. I was told to stay home and not risk driving my car - a police car. You know it's bad when the cops are told not to report to work.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
View attachment 456537

My typical EDC, including a couple of things that roll in/out as needed. Wallet, card wallet (when working), keys, zippo, tactical pen, Gerber Mini Suspension -P, Kershaw Vapor are all standard and find a home in front or cargo pockets. Spyderco Ambitious either replaces the Vapor, or gets carried in a boot. Cold Steel Pocket Bushman gets carried 90% of the time, usually in the back right, or in the knife pocket of my 5.11 Taclite pros. The KA-Bar TDI Law Enforcement is belt carried back left in place of a firearm, which are not legal here. The 5.11 spear point is occasionally boot carried opposite or in place of the Ambitious, if I cannot carry the TDI, or if I feel a second defensive blade is necessary.

Not shown, is a larger multitool, carried when needed, a small single AA light with defensive crown, as well as my iPhone.

May I ask why you carry so many knives everyday?
I'm sure each one has a specific purpose...

May I ask why you carry so many knives everyday?
I'm sure each one has a specific purpose...

I generally carry a small multi tool (mini suspension or SAK), small EDC blade (Vapor/Zancudo/Ambtious), a larger folding blade for bigger jobs or emergency defense (pocket bushman/SOG Trident), and if I feel it may be needed, I carry a fixed blade for defense (TDI/5.11). If I'm wearing my boots and opt out of a fixed blade, I'll drop the Ambitious in the knife pocket there.

If I'm in public or around knife wary people, I'll use something small and non threatening like the small EDC, or multitool. If I have a bigger or harder job, I have a blade for that, and, not being able to carry a firearm, I've opted for a fixed defensive blade as a replacement. If I had a folding knife that I felt could fill the rolls of large EDC and defensive blade, then I would likely skip the fixed blade and roll that in in place of the trident/bushman. Suggestions welcome.

I generally wear cargo pants/ shorts so there is really no reason that I can't carry that many, and the weight is distributed well enough that I don't really notice.

Hat (sunburn on the head is no fun)
Oakleys (fives squared)
Surefire E2L AA
Benchmade Adamas
Hankerchief
Bic disposable lighter
Cellphone
Leatherman crunch
Paracord bracelet
Traser P6500 Type 6 watch
Colt Commander 1911 in a black Galco Fletch holster

Heres my current EDC. but note, yes, there is a lot missing - Busted my sunglasses but haven't gotten new ones yet, replacing flashlight, and some of the things in the yellow pouch will probably change. On top of that I probably forgot to throw a few of the things in here, my phone is also being used to take the pictures.

$20151012_002857.jpg
Field notes, Cleo Skribent Messograf pen, Pilot Metropolitan (Fountain pen)
All-Ett RFID wallet, CRKT M16 knife, 5 litre pouch (It's REALLY compact and it can be used to transport water a short distance or almost anything), keys, burts bees, snack, and the yellow pouch.
$20151012_003023.jpg
Yellow Pouch contains about 15' of paracord, a triangle bandage (Might dump that soon), a lighter, some cash, nitrile gloves, and a small altoids tin with a couple of water purification tabs, a DE razor blade(new addition), handcuff key, P-51 opener, a wad of toilet paper (More for packing but can also be used for fire or anything else if needed), and some alcohol swabs. Just in the last 3 months, I've had to use the paracord multiple times and just last week I was quite thankful I had the alcohol swabs.

A few things I expect to add soon -
Duct Tape
Fenix PD35 flashlight
Spy Dirk(?) sunglasses
Some sort of small external battery, maybe a lithiumcard pro or similar.
Multitool: I'm really picky about what I want and just haven't settled yet, but coming soon.
A few notes: No, I'm not a LEO, but just have an old habit still of carrying a handcuff key from when I carried handcuffs. This whole kit is in a huge state of flux, as I'm getting some new stuff and swapping out some stuff I'm not finding to be as useful as I thought, and trying to reduce the volume of it all a bit.

Last edited:
Also, our Canadian winters dictate more things for me, I will then usually have a thermos of tea or coffee, a bit more to eat, sometimes a can of beans or ready to eat soup;
handwarmer pads, gloves, toque (I think you who live in Canada's pants call them a beanie?)
A small spork (I kinda like the CRKT eat'n'tool), which might become an everyday carry item instead of just winter
A small first aid kit (It's more supplemental than anything)
An emergency fleece blanket (Main first aid kit has a reflective mylar, but like to have the flexability of the fleece)
1 lightstick, I prefer 8 hour white
Whistle
Secondary firestarter (Kinda prefer a metal match, but UCO matches are a good alternative situationally, but if theres room I can carry both)
An inexpensive small fixed blade (Usually a More stainless)
Extra set of batteries for my (old) flashlight This will change when I get my newer flashlight
Bandana (This might also become everyday rather than just winter)
UCO candle and lantern (I always get the beeswax candles)
Extended length of Paracord (Usually 25'-50'
Roll of Duct tape
I'm sure theres more, but thats what I can think of, but most of that (Ok, not the fleece blanket, or the food) gets stuffed into a Voodoo tactical utility pouch

Last edited:
Currently I have been taking more and more interest in the whole survival, or preparedness thing. I'm wondering though, should I follow along in these threads, or more over in the thread that says 'I may be insane...'? :lol:

Working in a psychiatric hospital with obvious and allowable EDC limitations, I carry:
Fenix E05 stainless steel LED flashlight
Gerber Shard multi-tool (knives are not allowed)
Titanium key rings 2-large (1-small Titanium ring not pictured, to hold a Fox Classic 122 decibels survival whistle if attacked, on my breakaway badge lanyard)
Dyneema 9" sewn runner with mil spec rubber stopper
1977 GGW-113 Hamilton USAF wristwatch with army OD green mil spec band
Kent comb
Rubber coin purse
Timbuktu ballistic cloth wallet
God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown$Every Day Carry.JPG

Last edited:
Currently I have been taking more and more interest in the whole survival, or preparedness thing. I'm wondering though, should I follow along in these threads, or more over in the thread that says 'I may be insane...'? :lol:

Well, this isn't exactly *Prepping for a zombie apocalypse*
This is about everyday level of preparedness, rather than long term. And My goal, personally, is to carry things I can use on a regular basis, not have 30 barrels of flour in case a nuclear bomb goes off or something.

Yeah, that's where I'm interested. The daily thing. I feel like I should concentrate on this more, as most of my free time is hiking and camping, and work is a half hour highway commute each way. With the winter coming in, there's issues there too. Even work really. The College gets on lock down here and there for 'Security Issues', and we did have many hours one night where there was a guy on the loose with a gun, and when they did the lock down, I was just coming back from dinner at the truck stop, so I was locked out. Ya just never know what life will throw at ya! Then the economy, that's what really worries me!

Well, it's definitely worth being prepared for the immediate (IE today), and it's also good to have supplies for a few days to a week, depending on the area you live in. I'm not a doomsday prepper myself, per se, but I have a (very) loose setup for a 3-7 day emergency. It's something I'm planning to work on more through this year, including finally making a B.O.B of some sort, and assembling an actual 7 day kit. Currently it's rather spread in different places and is not made up in a way that is ready to just *go if I have to go*.

While my area is not highly prone to most natural disasters, consider what if there is a big flood in your area? or a tornado? or some other major event where you have to leave you home suddenly? It is worth having some emergency supplies, and it's even highly recommended by governments. These days thats just smart planning.

Top Bottom