What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

I'm drinking masala tea which is herbal and organic I found it a good and relaxing drink. As far as I observe it is the best alternative for caffeinated drinks because it induces alertness without jitters. When you added ginger, black paper, and cloves is best for better digestion.

I drink only Chinese green tea. Here’s a recipe how to make it: 1)Heat water, boil a cup in which you will brew tea. 2)Pour the leaves into a teapot. 1 teaspoon per 1 glass of water will be enough. 3)Fill with water, wait 20-40 seconds and pour out the water. This will clean the teapot from dust and foreign odors. 4) Then fill again with water and leave to infuse for about 2 minutes. This will be enough for the first brew. For each subsequent exposure time increase by 15-20 seconds. You can brew green tea at least 5 times, some varieties up to 8 times. In this case, each cup will differ in aroma, taste, color of the drink.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Taylor of Harrogate English Breakfast
heat water in microwave 1:30
bag in hot water for 2 minutes (box says 4; but 2 works fine for me - less harsh)

Also loving (and following box instructions):
Bigelow Earl Grey
Bigelow Peppermint
Bigelow Darjeeling

IMG_2685.JPG
Apparently a victim of COVID, this one is no longer available. Need to find tea/yogurt replacement or begin experimenting at home.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just finished a pack of Nilgiri tea.

It's said to make good iced tea; I agree.

"Nilgiri tea is particularly useful for making iced tea since it retains its clarity as it cools, whereas other black teas will often become cloudy ..."

AA

A local tea shop that carries primarily Taiwanese Oolong got a batch of aged oolong from 1966. I purchased a small amount at a reasonable price. Pretty good oolong, but the main satisfaction was drinking something harvested 55 years ago.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’m very much enjoying a 50/50 blend of Twinings English Breakfast and Earl Grey right now. I’m a black tea drinker and enjoy Orange Pekoe varieties but the blend hits the spot lately.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
After buying a catnip plant, I discovered our cat is in the 40% that are unaffected. :tongue_sm

Put it in the garden to amuse passing cats.

:a39: Plant is flourishing ridiculously, so. Cut and dried some leaves, made catnip tea. In the mint family; has some health benefits.

Added ginger and honey. Does it relax? I think so ... after dinner/workday I'm so tired I can't really tell!

AA

I'm looking to break my energy drink addiction and would like to start drinking green tea. I'd like to drink it Iced and will probably need a considerable amount to ward off withdrawals. Any recommendations?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm looking to break my energy drink addiction and would like to start drinking green tea. I'd like to drink it Iced and will probably need a considerable amount to ward off withdrawals. Any recommendations?

My first recommendation is to look for something along the lines of "Moroccan Mint Tea." That stuff is very good iced. There are a number of vendors, but I can personally vouch for the one at TeaGschwendner. Moroccan Mint Organic - https://shop.tgtea.com/Moroccan-Mint-Organic-00949-100/5975/

You also might want to start a new thread asking the same question. Not everyone checks these "what are you doing" threads.

I drink black tea. Since I drink maybe 5 to 6 cups at work ... I drink what is available.

At home, I drink black tea with fresh ginger and cardamon, jaggery for sweetness. High priced black tea are a waste of money since their nuances and delicate flavours are over powered by ginger, to my palate that is.

When we go to India to visit my in-laws, the morning and afternoon tea is a daily ritual. Tea will not be drunk until the last person is at the table or on the couch ... ah the joys of being scolded that the tea is getting cold. Eating North Indian breakfast and simple black tea with milk (sugar is personal preference) is a great way to start the day and sets the mood for carpe diem. Afternoon tea will include snacks such as biscuits (similar to cookies), chips and/or homemade sandwiches. Sometimes there would be sweets such as cakes or the Indian types and over the weekend sometimes homemade pakoda (Indian style tempura). Too bad in Australia and elsewhere in the west including Japan, such rituals are a luxury.

I'm currently drinking Twinings Earl Grey loose leaf tea that I made with these tea infuser tongs.
16300894181185233847060930744376.jpg

I tend to use them more as a tea strainer than an infuser, but it still results in a quality brew. :cuppa:

Top Bottom