What's new

What size and shape do you prefer?

^^^ Good stuff guys.

Figurados are the shaped cigars, and are -usually, depending on the quality of the cigar manufacturer- rolled by a class 8 cigar roller.

The perfecto is one of my favorites, though I dont think manufacturers these days hold true to that comic book style of cigar, a very rapid concave taper profile along the longitudinal axis of the cigar. I think the Fuente Fuente Opus X short perfecto is the closest modern cigar to this idea, or the Gurkha perfecto.

Ive seen lots of companies call a piramide a torpedo, but like you said, there isnt an ISO sort of deal with cigar manufacture.

Fuente does not make a regular production OpusX perfecto. Maybe you are thinking of the OpusX Perfection #5. It is not a perfecto, which is a shaped cigar (example...short story, work of art).

So to answer the topic of the thread...I would have to say my favorite sizes would be a lancero, followed by a corona. I believe that the smaller ring guage cigars will concentrate the profile of the cigar.

Another poster mentioned that you can not get the profile nuances in smaller ring guage cigars. I disagree. It completely depends upon the cigar. For example, a Trinidad Fundadore can be one of the most complex cigars on the planet. Some of the '98 Trinis are sublime.

No, not the perfecxion, but the Opus X Perfecto; it is a rare cigar.

Is it typical for Fuente to create high demand for some of their higher end cigars? I know that they limit OpusX production and I've also read quite a bit about the mythical Aňejo. Mythical in the sense that people tout these highly as the Opus' maduro brother and they're only available in limited quantities, through limited sources, at limited times of the year, and are priced highly.

I'd like to see a picture of the OpusX perfecto you're talking about. I've been to the factory and seen the OpusX footballs, but I don't think that's what you mean.

Anejos are limited release Fuente products, typically June and Christmas time. They are very nice cigars. Original Release Anejos are absolutely amazing, imho.

The think about OpusX is that, because of demand, and limited supply, and not releasing cigars before they are "ready," the OpusX are generally in higher demand. But readily available if you know the right places.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nothing makes me feel tougher than Clint Eastwood than smoking a culebra.

I'd like to see a picture of the OpusX perfecto you're talking about. I've been to the factory and seen the OpusX footballs, but I don't think that's what you mean.

Anejos are limited release Fuente products, typically June and Christmas time. They are very nice cigars. Original Release Anejos are absolutely amazing, imho.

The think about OpusX is that, because of demand, and limited supply, and not releasing cigars before they are "ready," the OpusX are generally in higher demand. But readily available if you know the right places.

Yeah, not the football :biggrin: They are ultra rare. I havent seen one in about 5 years, when I was gifted one.

Altering reading Mark's Thanksgiving table conversation topics, this thread title made me chuckle.

Jeez Cory! Get your mind out of the gutter ya sicko! :lol:

Top Bottom