What's new

Calling cigar smokers- favorite small cigars?

I started enjoying cigars shortly after starting with a pipe. I don't smoke a ton of them but have some in a Tupperdor in the closet. A couple of reasons I don't smoke as many cigars as I would like is cost and the length of time cigars take me to smoke through.

Been wanting to ask ya'll for a while what are some of your favorite lower cost cigars? I don't necessarily want to sacrifice an enjoyable smoking experience for cheap but I can't really afford to stock up on $10 cigars.

Next question and really the main one. What are some of your favorite small cigars? Most of what I have stashed are toro size. I smoke outside so I have to plan my cigars around the weather and when I have a couple hours to burn. So far the only 2 smaller cigar-ish things I've tried were some romeo y julieta cigarillos and a little pack of backwoods cigars. While they weren't aweful I'm not sure that I want to stock up on them either.

I do have a bundle of "banditos" cheroots on the way to try out. Just curious what some of everyone elses favorites were. I'm open to try anything I guess (size, shape, machine or hand made, dry cured). Just getting some ideas :thumbup:

Tatuaje Vero Cru #5. Those little beauties are a fabulous smoke. You can get them in cabs of 50. Also if you want to go Cuban, try the Partagas Mille Fleur, Partagas Shorts, Romeo y Julietta Mille Fleur, or Punch Punch.

I like the Joya de Nicaragua Anton 1970 Consul. It's not a cigarillo. The cigar has a very interesting history in the US.

Parodi Kings are good little cigars. They're dry cured (cheroots), so they don't require humidification. They're a good 20-30 minute smoke, full flavored. Not as nuanced as the suggestions above.

Tatuaje Vero Cru #5. Those little beauties are a fabulous smoke.

+1 When it comes to small cigars (petit coronas, etc) I feel Tatuaje are far and away the best ones made. They can pack quite a punch too, leaving you feeling as though you've enjoyed a full size stogie.

La Gloria Cubana Rabita de Cochino. Double corona is as small as I go. The profile on these little bad boys checks every box for me.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I like the Bolivar Cofradia Petites and Trinidad (TTT) Reserve No. 5.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Montecristo Memories
Nat Sherman Point Fives (any of the three varieties)
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Petite Corona
La Aurora Finos
Don Tomas Coronita
Tatuaje Reserva Nicaraguan Petite Tatuaje
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real
Olivia Viejo Mundo

+1 When it comes to small cigars (petit coronas, etc) I feel Tatuaje are far and away the best ones made. They can pack quite a punch too, leaving you feeling as though you've enjoyed a full size stogie.
I agree with everything in this post. [emoji3]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Looks like I got lots to try :lol:. Thanks a bunch! I've felt alot like I'm playing darts with my cigar choices from online. So many choices it makes choosing hard haha.

Got a bundle of "Banditos" cheroot cigars with my p&c order. They come 60 to a bundle and come in a neat burlap sac haha. Surprised to say they are pretty good. They look pretty rough, like something clint eastwood smoked in his westerns. But they taste good, light pretty easy, and burn well and pretty even. The tip is sweetened. I have a pretty big sweet tooth so I like that but it doesn't diminish the taste of the tobacco. Just a nice sweetness on the lips. They claim to be sweet and mild. I find them more medium to me. Lots of dark earthy taste and some spice. All in all they are well worth it. Will have to get some more when I get through these. They smoke around 20-30min for me. But I smoke pretty slow to keep them cool.

20170218_164043.jpg

I recently smoked a Tatuaje Noella and enjoyed it very much. It burned nice and slow. It had a good draw to it, and it had a clean, woody flavor. I think it cost about $8-$9.

Top Bottom