What's new

What shaving brushes in indian barbershops ?

Hi guys,
I made sone researches but I cannot find what type of shaving brush do india barbers use.
It seems to be very floppy brushes (synthetic, goat hair, human hair ???)
I also cannot find any website that sell those kind of brushes.
Do you have any idea ? :)

see an example here :

Certainly is a very high loft and could be any of the usual hair materials. Difficult to tell from the video. Vie-Long do the 04312 Cachurro horse hair professional shaving brush with higher loft.

They mostly use horse hair brushes here. Badger is banned. Boar hair brushes are available online but I have yet to see any in a salon or a supply store

I don't think it's a synthetic. It's either a really really well broken in boar or a horse. I'm leaning towards a horse because really it's true that they perform great at face lathering despite being extremely soft.

Looks like a tube of Faulding, which I think has now changed its name to Sanofi.

Thanks.
That YouTube impressed me.
When I first saw it, I wondered if the brush or the cream
was an important part of the barber's technique.
After experimenting, I concluded that the type of brush and cream
didn't really matter that much.

I prefer to shave with more time consuming bowl soap lathering methods when I can.
Consequently, I use cream the least often, and yet more consequently
I'm less picky about creams than soaps.

Legion

Staff member
Thanks.
That YouTube impressed me.
When I first saw it, I wondered if the brush or the cream
was an important part of the barber's technique.
After experimenting, I concluded that the type of brush and cream
didn't really matter that much.

I prefer to shave with more time consuming bowl soap lathering methods when I can.
Consequently, I use cream the least often, and yet more consequently
I'm less picky about creams than soaps.
Faulding was the first cream I used when I started shaving as a teenager. It was a standard supermarket brand back then. In hindsight, knowing what I knew then, I couldn't tell you is it was good or bad. It was cheap and readily available.

Top Bottom