What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

Here's mine.
s-l1600.jpg

I did not think Gillette ever actually released that particular combination of handle and head. I am glad they did, as I just made up a frankenrazor by taking that same head (which came with the very basic hollow handle that I don't really like) and pairing it with a fat handle from an old EFBT that has a slightly wonky top-cap. It seemed like a good way to utilise the parts, but the fact that this combination actually did exist in the past makes it even better.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here is a pretty cool mystery razor. The actual razor is a solid specimen of a French Market RFB NEW. The case is the mystery. It is clearly French. Probably Gillette, as it look like a Single Ring case. I have not been able to find any reference to this razor set on the internet. No mention of a "La Victoire" razor either. The blade cases are mismatched, which is another clue that this may be a mismatched case as well. Is could be a rate set. It could be a #44 in a mismatched case. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. I may have gotten this years ago on the BST. I dont remember.

I have written about this razor, and today's shave in my journal. See link in the signature below.

Regardless of the pedigree of the "set", this is a wonderful specimen of a French Market 3-piece RFB. And today's shave was super enjoyable!

2023-10-30 09.01.25.jpg

2023-10-30 08.57.53.jpg

Top Bottom