What's new

What is your EDC knife?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I carry a pair of Benchmade Griptillions. Both with Mel Pardue blades of different designs, one a drop point, the other a modified sheepshead.

Go back and forth between a Spyderco Endura 4 and a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in brown G-10 and S35VN steel. The jury's still out and I still do love the Para 2, but I honestly think I might prefer the Endura...

Kershaw Needs Work

proxy.php

Last edited:
Doug Ritter design manufactured by Benchmade. LOVE it and feel naked without it - I especially like the stonewashed finish on the blade. More likely to leave my cell behind than my knife.

EDC is a case XX ... it has a chrome vandium blade and will pass the HHT at about the HHT3 level....

love it...

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I carry this. As a carpenter I am really hard on knives.
$milwaukee-fastback.jpg
After hours I carry a Dejavoo.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
In Aus we are not allowed to carry any knives, but having said that, I usually carry a little Case baby butterbean. It is small enough to not freak people out if they see it, and I mostly just use it for opening packages, cutting string, etc, so it's small size is not a problem.

Most citys here in the states restrict knives to 3-3.5in (max) folding blades. In many states fixed blade knives require a concealed weapons license to carry.

In Aus we are not allowed to carry any knives, but having said that, I usually carry a little Case baby butterbean. It is small enough to not freak people out if they see it, and I mostly just use it for opening packages, cutting string, etc, so it's small size is not a problem.

I just got me a new one yesterday in the mail. Spyderco Tenacious. For $35 there is not a better deal on a knife for the quality IMO.

proxy.php

When I carry, it's usually this CRKT -- though my absolute everyday EDC is the light-as-a-feather (0.2oz) A.G. Russell Ultimate Pen Knife - Titanium, which hangs on my key chain and is convenient as all get-out. Unfortunately, the blade separated from the handle after less than six months of normal use (in my pocket most of the time). I've e-mailed them to see if they will repair it.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kershaw Ken Onion is my favorite--nice, light, spring assist for one hand use. The Lone Wolf Diablo-DA is heavier, but has a very nifty release--the cover on one side has a spring release, so you just nudge the cover to the side and out pops the blade. You can't even see the movement, so when you hand the closed knife to someone they have no idea it is a spring assist. It has a thumb stud, so they figure that's how it is flicked open.

Attachments

• $Carry knives copy.jpg
    $Carry knives copy.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 267
Mine has been a Schrade keychain knife, but the lockback mechanism broke on it last week. The new Chinese Schrades are to be avoided, if mine is an average example. Never had a lockback folder to break at the lock before, and mine broke with very minimal and gentle use.

My wife's edc is a Cold Steel Super Edge which is a super little fixed blade purse / keychain knife. It is a bit bulky for a man's pants pocket, or I would get myself one.

I mostly carry Case knives. This one is pretty close to the one in my pocket most days- a mini copperhead.

$48788.jpg

Top Bottom