What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

GRUME 22 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1716376762992.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rainwater (small
container)
Prep: Cold Shave: Hot
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#57 of 100
Shave #
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Comments: An excellent smooth face feel shave this morning. Later, off on multiple errands before heavy storms ‘visit’ us this afternoon and evening.

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
BBS​
0​
0​
0​
Light​

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

Evening shave - 5/21/24
Razor: Merkur 41C
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (2/5) (3)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock RR400
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 8.5/10, DFS+
This razor seems to be a bit of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde to me. It feels quite mild, but it is causing me irritation and at an increasing amount. I may have to swap to a different one for the rest of the week. Anyways, the shave was ok. I did stir up two weepers, but it was a plenty close shave.

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Brush: Semogue Pegasus Boar
Razor: Blackland Ti Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (11)
Post-Shave: Elvado Woodland Reserve Aftershave Lotion
Rating: This soap has me breaking out a song in my head

Oh well, I'm the type of guy who will never settle down
Where pretty girls are, well you know that I'm around
I kiss 'em and I love 'em cause to me they're all the same
I hug 'em and I squeeze 'em they don't even know my name

They call me The Wanderer
Yeah, the wanderer .......

If you're old enough, you'll remember the rest of this little diddy.
20240522SOTDa.jpg

Last edited:
Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Original
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 9.8/10

As much as I love my shave soaps and the ritual of lathering, etc., sometimes I like to mix things up - variety is the spice of life, after all - and so I'll pull out a tube of Cremo instead. It's quick and easy to use, very slick and it's an excellent product and today's shave was a reminder of how good it is.
Of course, it helps to have a great razor and blade as well.

proxy.php

Wednesday Morning Shaving Wanderlust

Rating: 9.85/10 Amazing!!

Goodbye SHADE, Hello SE. A little snip off the edge of the Injector blade and it fits
perfectly. What a difference in feel with a stiff injector blade edge. Even these crappy
Ted Pella's did great. Taconic Lime is fantastic for a hot day.

Parker Solo Edge Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade (1X) - Modified
Taconic Lime Shave Soap
Frank Shaving G7 Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

4711 Echt Kolnisch Wasser

12772503-A446-423C-8012-2DF110DC23BF-compressed.jpeg

I know a lot of guys don't like Aluminum razors here, but I am getting great shaves for it. Cheers!!
I used to be in this camp -- not that I had ever used one. But then I got one. And admittedly, it took me more than a few shaves to get used to its lightness. But once I did -- WOW -- I will no longer rule out aluminum razors. I now have two; and they give me fantastic shaves.

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Overlander (SS)
BladeTreet Platinum (3 / 10) [3]
BrushRudy Vey 2024 B&B (Semogue Mistura)

Software
Pre-
LatherStirling Naked & Smooth (Sample) [2]
Proraso Green Shaving Cream
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
8 / 10

Notes
I added a touch of Proraso Green to liven up the Naked & Smooth this morning. Good shave, but I won't try this again — I got much more of the coconut oil feel of the Proraso than expected, and less of the scent. I have a sample of Stirling's Eucalyptus and Mint soap waiting in the wings. I'm sure that will give me what I was after, when I get to it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, May 22nd 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72. Mfg 2021, mid range. Excellent machining and finish for my shaving needs. I always get decent shaves with this razor 95%+ of the time. Had a close comfortable shave this morning!
Blade : GSB(4) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier!
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream. Nice rose scented cream with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, luxury splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 22 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I used to be in this camp -- not that I had ever used one. But then I got one. And admittedly, it took me more than a few shaves to get used to its lightness. But once I did -- WOW -- I will no longer rule out aluminum razors. I now have two; and they give me fantastic shaves.
Me too!! I got the Henson AL13 free from a PIF, and really liked it. The Timeless is amazing and I prefer it to the Henson. I'm really tempted by the Guerilla, but the price tag is steep. I might just stay where I am at for the time being. I shave everyday, and I can get it done mostly with one pass with the Timeless.

full

Razor: Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip 1956
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: PAA Peregrino G5B 24mm
Bowl: NA, Face lather
Soap: Proraso Blue Protettivo

Pre shave: Kyle's Routine, La Toja 🇪🇸
Aftershave: AV Musk
---

Nice and simple, quick and easy.
---

2.5 pass shave, WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 10/10 DFS+

May 22, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Parker Solo Edge (2)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5A (7)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

After a terrible first outing with the Parker Solo Edge, I finally got up my nerve to give it another try. This time was much better, I treated the razor with more respect and didn't try for a BBS shave. I got a good shave with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. I'm happy to reclassify this razor from dreadful to respectful.

9.8/10 Very nice!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_22_24.jpg

Top Bottom