What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: 1972 Super Speed
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Chisel & Hound
Soap: Glastonbury
Frag: Van Cleef & Arpels Moonlight Patchouli

Smooth shave. First time using Glastonbury and Nacet. Now I see why @gpjoe recommended it to me and also why so many love the Nacet blade.

Rate 9.8/10

IMG_0498.jpeg

Razor: 1972 Super Speed
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Chisel & Hound
Soap: Glastonbury
Frag: Van Cleef & Arpels Moonlight Patchouli

Smooth shave. First time using Glastonbury and Nacet. Now I see why @gpjoe recommended it to me and also why so many love the Nacet blade.

Rate 9.8/10

View attachment 1836885

Nice razor. 🙂👍

I just happened to find a very nice Y2 (1978) at an antique shop yesterday. The black-handle SS fills one of the many holes in my collection.

Nice razor. 🙂👍

I just happened to find a very nice Y2 (1978) at an antique shop yesterday. The black-handle SS fills one of the many holes in my collection.
Thanks, I found that on Etsy from a seller that from what I can tell does not sell razors normally and I grabbed it for 10 bucks with shipping. I was shocked at how great of condition it was in. It looked good in the pictures but they did not do it justice. It’s my Birth year razor and I could not be happier. Also thanks for the soap recommendation it pares so well with one of my favorite fragrances.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I learned this afternoon that my ATT Windsor SSRH isn't too efficient for me. I had quite a lovely shave with it this afternoon... a very rare afternoon shave for me on a work day. It was so slow I took a couple hours off... had my second shower of the day, buzzed the hairs on my head and shaved off 5 days growth with the Windsor. I was surprised... I remembered it being rough, but today, with a Nacet, it was very smooth, comfortable and relaxing. I'll know tomorrow afternoon if the shave lasted for my usual 12 hours.

A very rare shave with Burma-Shave. First time I've seen a shave with this posted. Curious, have you used Williams Shaving Soap and if so how does the Burma-Shave puck compare?
I have never used Williams nor Colgate. This puck of Burma Shave is from the 80's or 90's I believe. It's adequate lather, no scent. It came with a bunch of other stuff in a brush lot from EBay. I would not seek out another one.

Evening, a quick shave this morning:

Razor: Tatara Masamune SB Stainless
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Canada Shave Soap
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Razorock SMDF

Quick close shave. This is one of the only blades that I normally consider a favorite, that doesn't feel great in this razor, but pretty good nonetheless.

8.5/10

Cheers

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20240426
Razor: Star DE (Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (10 shaves, 20 passes)

Saturday 20240427
Razor: Star DE (Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (11 shaves, 23 passes)
20240425_184409~2.jpg
20240421_183956~2.jpg

Brush: AP Shave Co Jade (AP Shave Co 26mm Synbad Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Rustic Blackbeard
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve

The early, all-brass Star DE does a lot of things really well. I like it!

Superb shaves!

Date28.04.2024
366 daily shaves
119/366

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette Super Speed Black HandleGillette Rubie Plus (3)Razorock 400
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (101)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Splendid Sunday Shave with fantastic gear - just an awesome weekend in that sense!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom