What's new

What camera and photo gear do you use?

I have a Cannon T-50 and T-90 with more lenses and filters than I can count. It started with buying one here and there. A little of "I could find a use for that." I have everything from 19mm to 800mm. I do also have an Olympus for everyday quick shots. I just haven't been able to bring myself to buy a digital SLR yet, there's just something about using film for me.

Ryan

I have a Nikon D60 with 3 lenses (My favorite being my 35mm f1.8 VR prime lens)

I'm hoping to upgrade to a d300 when I have the cash

I've sold off most of my cameras and I'm down to using just my Ricoh GR Digital III. I pull out the old twin lens reflex now and again when I feel like burning some film.

Canon 40D. Lenses include 18-200 IS for hiking, Sigma 24-70 f2.8 for indoors, and 50mm f1.8 for "portraits". 550EX and 430EXII for flashes. Carbon tripod, RC7 wireless triggers, loads of filters, Expodisc white balance filter, etc.

I still can't take descent photos (rolling eyes).

I use a nikon D7000 body with a 80-200 f2.8 for sports and a 55-200 5.6 for lightweight telephoto. I also regularly use the kit 18-55 5.6 and a 35mm f1.8 prime which is great for exceptionally low light work. I also have a couple AlienBee 800 strobes for studio work, as well as an SB600 for basic stuff or as a background flash.

The 80-200 f2.8 is my only pro lens. When I am shooting sports, I like to carry it on my D7000 and bring out my D5000 with an 18-55 to catch the wider stuff quickly as a second body on my neck.

Jeff

I have two digital cameras: a Panasonic Lumix FZ50 and a Nikon D300s. The Lumix is my go-to camera for travel, parties, beating around, etc. The Nikon (plus several lenses and accessories) is for when I want to do "serious photography" (mostly bird, wildlife, and nature stuff with a long lens).

My primary walk around is a Nikon D-7000 with the kit lens. I have fixed lenses, but don't use them much. I find the AF-S DX 18-105 VR lens pretty dang versatile. Also, I use a Canon G9.

Last edited:
I use a Canon EOS 40D and "nifty fifty" 50mm f/1.8 II along with my Manfrotto 055XPROB with Manfrotto 498 ballhead with RC2 quick release system.

Ohh, and I'm "stealing" my brother's 550D with kit 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS from time to time :)

I recently picked up a Canon G 12 and Canon 430 EX 11 flash as my daily carry around equipment.

I also use and have my Pentax DSLR equipment...K10D and KM bodies and 7 lenses from fish eye zoom , ultra wide angle zoom , Macro , etc...to telephoto zoom.

I do have one kit lens...but I've found the non kit, higher level lenses, albeit more expensive are the way to go if budget allows.

I'm usually photographing every day...including winters and out here...we have real winters...spates of 25 to 30 below are not uncommon.

I invariably have a camera with me.

Last edited:
Canon 7D
Canon 30D
Canon 24-105L
Canon 100-400L
Canon 10-22
Canon 100MM Macro
Canon 70-200 F4L
Canon 500 F4L
Canon Extender 1.4II
Canon 580 EX II

Well lets see.
1. Olympus Epl1 +adapter and a lot of old lenses. For the moment i have a auto Chinon 28mm f2.8 attached.
2. Canon 300D with a attached russian Helios 44M on it. Been a while since i used it. Have some autofocus zoom lenses for it but i seldom use them. Prefer old manual primes!
3. Fujifilm F31fd. Sometimes you want it small and light.

@Fougére: I have that kind of LAD addiction to. But i´m mostly clean right now. My woman put me straight you could say. Strongly belives theres more important stuff to put our savings on. :-D

Mamiya RB67 Pro with 90 and 180mm lenses - for portraits
Leica M6 w/ 28, 35, and 50mm lenses- for street photography

I guess I should tell you guys what kit I currently use!

Main kit:

Nikon D800, got it used from a reputable online company. The camera is MUCH better than me, but I am slowly closing the gap!
Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4 D, used again
Nikon TC-14E 1.4x Teleconverter, used.
Nikon 50mm 1.8 D, used.
Tamron 24-70mm SP VC, new in a sale.
Gitzo G2220 Tripod with G1277M Ball Head, used.
Small Velbon Tripod for table top stuff.
Lowepro and Tamrac bags of some description.

Fuji X100s (Fantastic camera)
D7000 with 17-50 Sigma, 105mm Sigma Macro, 55-300mm Nikon, 35mm Nikon.
Iphone 5c.

Cheap Velbon tripod which I want to replace soon. Its ok for a compact camera but too much wobble with a DSLR.

Love all three in the right situation.

Nikon N80 film, D80 that is more or less retired, D 7100 that has a light leak, and my primary D600, also my only full frame digital. all nikon glass. DX 18-55 kit, DX 35mm prime, 18-24 FX zoom, 80-300 f4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8

Fuji X-E2 with the astounding 18-55mm zoom lens. I also use, via adapters, various old film lenses from different manufacturers. There are also film cameras too numerous to count ranging from Leicas to box cameras.

Mike

Canon 5D MKII Digital and 1V film bodies plus various lenses, several flashes, light stands, Gitzo tripods, umbrellas, softboxes, filters, etc.
Old Nikon film camera with a couple of lenses
I mainly use ThinkTank bags.

Thinking about selling it all for a nice Leica M with 50mm. That plus my iphone would be perfect and more simple for my life now

Canon Xti with kit lens, and was about to pull the trigger on Nikon, however one of my clients and good friends who is a professional Photographer, had a 7D Mk2 with less than 1000 clicks, that she offered me for stupid price, (under $400) and also has the Battery grip, so I guess I am sticking with Canon for now, Now to start looking for glass

Top Bottom