What's new

What camera and photo gear do you use?

Sold all my Canon gear after 25 years of shooting Canon DSLRs. Switched completely to mirrorless last year.

Right now, shooting with:

- Fuji X100T
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mk.II
- Ricoh GR Digital III
- Sony RX100 Mk.III

Selling my Olympus and switching to a Fuji system with the X-Pro2 when it becomes available in March. I shoot mostly street, documentary, street portraits and architecture as well as just general shooting when traveling.

Gave in and bought a selfie stick! But not for the selfies! I noticed this one had a threaded handle, and for 3$ why not? Together with a 3$ tripod, it makes a great little sturdy base for cell pictures. Plus, the shutter button is nice to have.

$20160221_142444.jpg

$20160221_142542.jpg

I shoot with a 7D body with a battery pack installed so I can grip the camera properly. The battery pack allows for easier vertical shooting since my arm is twisted, bicep cut in half and rotators all gone. As I gimp along I get some looks, but I'm having fun
Canon 7D
Canon 24-70 IS L F2.8
Canon 70-200 IS L F4
Canon 300 IS L F4
Canon 100mm F2.8 macro
Canon EFS 10-22
Canon EFS 17-85
Canon nifty 50
1 alien bee 640
2 Einstein E640
various flash modifiers (parabolic, umbrellas, softboxes , grids and reflectors)

Just added a6000 to my gear. Boy what a fun camera! Ordered a hotshoe adapter to put my a mount flashes on and boom, fully specced compact back up!

Just added a6000 to my gear. Boy what a fun camera! Ordered a hotshoe adapter to put my a mount flashes on and boom, fully specced compact back up!
Not familiar with Sony models, but after a quick google that is definitely a "fully specced compact back up" as you put it, nice!:thumbup1:

Nikon D7100
Sigma 70-300 DG f/4-5.6 (works as 105-450 on D7100)
Nikon 50mm DX f/1.8 (works as 75 on D7100)
Sigma 24mm HSM Art f/1.4 (works as 35mm on D7100)

I will probably be purchasing a Pentax K1 in the near future. I love this Nikon but I shot Pentax all the way through high school and into college. Pentax lagged terribly in the digital evolution and I strayed.

I was looking at the Sigma Art range, how have you found it so far?

I don't own a lens from the art series, but I have heard from many people that they are great lenses.

I was tempted to get the 24mm art listed above but then Nikon released their 24mm 1.8 and it was too tempting to pass up.

Not familiar with Sony models, but after a quick google that is definitely a "fully specced compact back up" as you put it, nice!:thumbup1:

Apart from the kit lens, which really ain't that bad, it's a match for the A77, at a fraction of the size. Having issues moving my flash set up over, but fingers crossed, new Pixel Pawns will help!

Carl

Legion

Staff member
I don't own a lens from the art series, but I have heard from many people that they are great lenses.

I was tempted to get the 24mm art listed above but then Nikon released their 24mm 1.8 and it was too tempting to pass up.

I got my wedding photos from the photographer yesterday, and most of them were shot on the 35mm f1.4. The quality of the image, particularly the Bokkeh when shot wide open, is great.

Mine is a Nikon D7100 with four lenses, the Sigma 10-20 mm/3.5, Sigma 17-50 mm/2.8 OS, Nikon DX 40 mm/2.8 (macro lens) and Nikon 70-300 mm/4.5-5.6 VR.

A Manfrotto tripod 055XPROB with a Manfrotto 460MG head, a Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash unit and a couple of filters, remote controls etc. complete my equipment.

I always shoot RAW and process my images with Lightroom 5.7, the venerable Photoshop CS2, the now free Google Nik Collection, and sometimes Photomatix Pro 4.2 (HDR) and the Microsoft Image Composite Editor (panoramas) need to help out a little.

Mine is a Nikon D7100 with four lenses, the Sigma 10-20 mm/3.5, Sigma 17-50 mm/2.8 OS, Nikon DX 40 mm/2.8 (macro lens) and Nikon 70-300 mm/4.5-5.6 VR.

A Manfrotto tripod 055XPROB with a Manfrotto 460MG head, a Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash unit and a couple of filters, remote controls etc. complete my equipment.

I always shoot RAW and process my images with Lightroom 5.7, the venerable Photoshop CS2, the now free Google Nik Collection, and sometimes Photomatix Pro 4.2 (HDR) and the Microsoft Image Composite Editor (panoramas) need to help out a little.

I just added this camera to my gear a couple weeks back, for a wedding I shot this past weekend. (I'd swore up and down after shooting my first wedding, that I'd never do it again ... and then a very good friend of my wife's decided to get married, and they're young and money is tight, so she offered to have me do their photos as our gift to them -- and I agreed provided I could order a second camera body, which was a step up for me).

Anyway ... what a beast of a camera. I was very pleased with it ... shot in both RAW and JPEG and on a fresh battery I shot, basically from 8 a.m. til 10 p.m. and never had one hiccup. I'd gotten kind of bored with photography, but this new body is helping rekindle it for me. I'm looking forward to shooting some nature with it.

What are your thoughts on the D7100?

As an aside ... I needed a flash and wanted to use Nikon's 50mm prime for the wedding. I rented both from LensRentals.com ... I'm VERY happy with my experience with them.

What are your thoughts on the D7100?
It's an excellent allround crop camera as long as you don't want to shoot sports or any activity where you need long, fast series. I've been using the D7100 for three years now and think it's the best camera I've had so far, which doesn't really mean very much. I'm more the type of photographer who tries to get as much out of his equipment as possible before considering to buy something newer and better, so my experience with more recent cameras is quite limited.

My daughter just gifted me a Nikon D7000 camera, tripod, and extra 55-200 lens that came with it. Needless to say I've got a learning curve ahead, quite an upgrade from the camera on my iphone 6.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My daughter just gifted me a Nikon D7000 camera, tripod, and extra 55-200 lens that came with it. Needless to say I've got a learning curve ahead, quite an upgrade from the camera on my iphone 6.

That is a great gift and daughter Kevin. Enjoy the learning curve.

Nikon D800
Nikon D200, used for underwater photography in an Ikelite housing
Nikon Lenses:
14-24mm
20mm used in the housing for underwater wide angle
60mm macro
105mm macro
70-200mm f/4, had the f/2.8, prefer the smaller, lighter f/4
300mm f/4
85mm f/1.4

Gitzo carbon fiber tripod, Arca Swiss B1 head, really right stuff plates.

Haven't posted any photos yet here, but I use a Panasonic ZS50.

Almost went the dSLR route, but I mostly use the camera on the bicycle and in the kayak. I'd like to add a dSLR some day, but spending all my money on divorce lawyer, LOL. Trying to scrape funds together for a place to live as well since I'm not in my own home post divorce process yet.

It's tough to bother with photography when you see so many photos razor sharp (Feather razor blade sharp? Ha ha!) and you can't get that sharpness with the camera you have. I mostly wanted to replace an 8 year old superzoom that I learned A, S, and ISO on and mostly wanted something to record cycling trips more than the art of photography. Didn't like the way the plain point and shoots felt as they were too small and too smooth, so I went a bit more budget and got the ZS50 after researching. I liked the rubberized finger and thumb grips which help while I'm riding and actively shooting snapshots. Also it's the only one with my small budget that allowed RAW and had a viewfinder rather than just a screen on the back. So, at least I have the manual controls still when I want to specifically do something with photography art rather than snapshooting.

Let's see here... I shoot with a Nikon D610 full frame DSLR, a Nikon F2 35mm SLR, a Mamiya C330 6x6, and a Korona 4x5 field camera.

For the DSLR, I shoot in RAW and process in Lightroom. For the film cameras except the 4x5, I develop the film myself and make prints on a Beseler Dichro 67 enlarger. I just make contact prints of the 4x5 film until I can get an enlarger to handle 4x5 and 8x10. I am planning on shooting wet plate collodion on the 4x5 and on a 8x10 once I get one.

Top Bottom