What's new

What are YOUR fashion pet peeves?

I used to have a long list of these earlier, but as I've got older, I've started to care less and less.

Still... couple come to mind.

1. Way too big/loose tie knots
2. Fat guys with fedoras, glasses and t-shirts (+ well, let's add add shorts and flip flops, too)
3. Women wearing men's clothes (if not on stage)

It seems to be an anything goes world now but I hate the pants hanging off the arse to show off the boxers. The crotch at knee level looks just as stupid!

I am not digging the low rise jeans on fat girls and short crop tops on same fat girls. I don't have anything against fat girls but they need to dress to suit their body. Some of them when dressed properly can be very sexy!

For women:
  1. Lycra is a privilege, not a right
  2. Ditto Spandex
  3. Excessive tattoos, to the point where you no longer notice THEM, all you see is moving ink.
  4. Facial piercing reminiscent of some native tribe somewhere
  5. Visible bra straps. Spaghetti straps over same colored bra straps are acceptable but a black bra strap under a strapless top is just tacky.
  6. Anything that shows back fat
  7. PJs worn as daytime clothes

For men:
  1. Droopy pants (significant underwear exposed)
  2. Baggy pants
  3. Skull and crossbones and similar motif shirts on almost anybody but especially on those who look to be over 25.
  4. Piercings. Discrete is not noticeable but grommets in the earlobes and the like are plain unattractive
  5. Fedoras on 97% of everyone under 40 and 99% of those under 35.
  6. Overweight men wearing a Trilby
  7. Sneakers with dressy slacks on anyone under 65 (still looks funny on older folks but is often a necessity)
  8. Untucked dress shirts (not to be confused with those designed to be worn outside the pants)
  9. Mullets
  10. Beards or mustaches on guys (especially teens) that just can't pull them off. Beards can add distinction, or they can just tell the world what a dink you are.
  11. Mohawks
  12. This: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/392643-Which-mask-is-cooler

Last edited:
This thread is hilarious. There are some severely overly judgmental/closed minded individuals in this thread. Not everyone is dressing up for a court date 24/7. If you want to maintain a certain style/level of dress then that's great, but that is no reason to criticize and belittle those who either can't afford nice things or have no reason to look like they're a male suit fashion model at all times.

1) I wear a soft shell springtime snowboard jacket and beanie indoors everyday at work because without it I have goosebumps even if the temp is in the 70s indoors.

2) I wear flip flops everywhere that I can (including work) because I both hate washing+folding socks and conveniently find Rainbow sandals to be the most comfortable footwear available. The only time I won't wear these sandals is if it is raining/snowing or I'm going to be hiking or out driving my car at the track.

3) I like not tucking in my button up shirts because I have a long torso. That leads to the shirt coming untucked and "poofing out" around the middle quite easily. I will if the situation dictates, but for casual wear... no.

4) I'm color blind, so I don't care if I wear brown shoes and a black belt. I don't care if I buy a pink shirt. I can't help but clash colors because I have no way to avoid this.

5) I don't take myself too seriously, and I especially don't scoff and mock those who are "below me" like others in this thread do. It wouldn't hurt to relax and just accept that others like something different than you for once.

//Goes back to my desk as a software engineer and enjoys being comfortable.

I do hate flat brimmed hats though...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

This thread is hilarious. There are some severely overly judgmental/closed minded individuals in this thread. Not everyone is dressing up for a court date 24/7. If you want to maintain a certain style/level of dress then that's great, but that is no reason to criticize and belittle those who either can't afford nice things or have no reason to look like they're a male suit fashion model at all times.

1) I wear a soft shell springtime snowboard jacket and beanie indoors everyday at work because without it I have goosebumps even if the temp is in the 70s indoors.

2) I wear flip flops everywhere that I can (including work) because I both hate washing+folding socks and conveniently find Rainbow sandals to be the most comfortable footwear available. The only time I won't wear these sandals is if it is raining/snowing or I'm going to be hiking or out driving my car at the track.

3) I like not tucking in my button up shirts because I have a long torso. That leads to the shirt coming untucked and "poofing out" around the middle quite easily. I will if the situation dictates, but for casual wear... no.

4) I'm color blind, so I don't care if I wear brown shoes and a black belt. I don't care if I buy a pink shirt. I can't help but clash colors because I have no way to avoid this.

5) I don't take myself too seriously, and I especially don't scoff and mock those who are "below me" like others in this thread do. It wouldn't hurt to relax and just accept that others like something different than you for once.

//Goes back to my desk as a software engineer and enjoys being comfortable.

I do hate flat brimmed hats though...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

I think you'll be okay as long as you don't wear white socks. If you do wear white socks, you're toast.

I wore white socks while breaking in my recently acquired Allen Edmonds Rutledge shoes last night at dinner
blush.gif
All of my black socks were in the hamper. My Fiancee doesn't approve of my lack of style sense.

I wore white socks while breaking in my recently acquired Allen Edmonds Rutledge shoes last night at dinner
blush.gif
All of my black socks were in the hamper. My Fiancee doesn't approve of my lack of style sense.

Wait till she starts dressing you or laying out your cloths, or go shopping for you not with you. Just wait.

Not sure if this posted earlier, white socks with docker type pants and dress pants.

It should be white socks with anything other than gym shorts and sneakers/running shoes or on the golf course. My answer might change if I lived in a climate in which people wore white pants, although I suppose if you're wearing them, you're probably not wearing socks.

A peeve of mine is when people wear a tie (with a collared shirt) with jeans.. I think its because in my head, jeans are casual and ties are (very) formal, and the gap is a large one.

I have to say I try to avoid wearing ties where ever possible, and out of work, I live in jeans or cargo pants.

I used to have a long list of these earlier, but as I've got older, I've started to care less and less.

Still... couple come to mind.

1. Way too big/loose tie knots
2. Fat guys with fedoras, glasses and t-shirts (+ well, let's add add shorts and flip flops,
too)
3. Women wearing men's clothes (if not on stage)
image.tiff

Absolutely.....

I think my worst is useless scarves. Men or women, it doesn't matter. I know it's a fad and it'll burn out, but wearing a scarf indoors with a t-shirt is just ridiculous looking.

Top Bottom