What's new

West Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

I know I didnt use the fatboy, i dont think i even pulled it out of the razor box. I prefer the 50's and older crats

I've lost interest in this box and will be sending it along to imcdn shortly. Frankly I'm disgusted I thought we as Canadians were beyond petty theft. Here is what was left in the box.

$20170115_090341[1].jpg
$20170115_090251[1].jpg

This is the what went into the box.
$start.jpg

and the last clear picture of the razor, from Royal52's time with the box.

View attachment 716831

Since then it traveled to the following people:

royal52
- Ottawa, Ontario
WeeBo - Simcoe, Ontario
i_dont_bite - Toronto, Ontario
skip - Toronto, Ontario
Comet - Montreal, Quebec
Luc - Montreal, Quebec
Nick_O - Cloverdale, BC
igasho - Victoria, BC

I've lost interest in this box and will be sending it along to imcdn shortly. Frankly I'm disgusted I thought we as Canadians were beyond petty theft. Here is what was left in the box...

Hey [MENTION=96853]Desi[/MENTION],
I'm really disappointed that you won't be taking part in the box. You were always very generous with your additions to the boxes. It is a shame someone ruined the experience for you and all of us.

I responded to your PM confirming my address.

imcndn

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I didn't use it and do not remember seeing a fatboy in a box when I got it

Sorry about that

So wait, the last picture that [MENTION=96853]Desi[/MENTION] posted was all thats left in the box? because if so then count me out of this box. Did someone actually take everything from the box? Or was it just the razor swap? And was the razor suppose to go back to the owner?

So wait, the last picture that [MENTION=96853]Desi[/MENTION] posted was all thats left in the box? because if so then count me out of this box. Did someone actually take everything from the box? Or was it just the razor swap? And was the razor suppose to go back to the owner?
No no, there's a ton of stuff in the box. It's just the FB that's gone missing.

ya dig?

I think I recall a shiny FB when I had the box. Didn't bother using it as I prefer OCs and just used my #15 brit aristocrat.

-- Shave 1 --
View attachment 718345

Razor: Merkur Progress (Mine)
Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum (Mine)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft (Mine)
Lather: Gada Cool Mint (Box)
Aftershave: Hattric Classic (Mine)

That Gada cream lathers fantastically well. I'm not in love with the Cool Mint scent but the performance is top notch! I tested it last night bowl lathering and the lather was amazing. This morning I face lathered for my shave and again the lather was spectacular.

I'm going to have to check out the local Middle Eastern shops to see if I can find some tubes.

imcndn

View attachment 718806

Brush: RazoRock Plissoft (Mine)
Lather: Midnight & Two Provence (Box)
Aftershave: British Sterling (Mine)
Balm: Proraso White (Box)

I've never tried Midnight & Two shave creams before. If I test lathered it last time I had the box I don't remember. But I know I've never used their soap in a shave.

Last night I test lathered the Provence. I don't like the scent. But much like the Gada cream the lather was really good. It's dense and slippery. Really nice. This morning put a fingers amount into a bowl to load and then face lathered. It took a bit of water, but the lather was again slick and dense. Once of these days I'm going to pick up a tub of Midnight & Two.

I've used the Proraso White balm before. It's good stuff. It reminds me a lot of the Nivea Sensitive Skin Balm, which is cheaper and easier to find.

This was a really good shave. One of the best probably. I'm also trying new blades. I won an auction for 100 of these Super-Max Super Platinum blades on ebay. It's only my second shave with these blades but both shaves have been really good. Too be fair, the Progress is probably my smoothest razor. I find it very easy to use and always get a good shave. That and the lather has been good both times... it's hard to tell. I'll try them in my other razors but the first two shave have been great.

I'm really only interested in the other Gada cream that is in the box. Once I give it a try I'll be ready to move the box along. I sent a PM to [MENTION=106924]Funky 34s[/MENTION] but I haven't heard back from him yet.

imcndn

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I'm happy that the Gada works well! I enjoy it a lot. There's a 3rd scent available where I get it and something called Lord shave cream (with a ton of menthol)

-- Shave 3 --

$SOTD_20170124.jpg

Brush: Semogue 820 (Mine)
Lather: Gada Original (Box)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Original Sport (Mine)

Again the Gada cream worked really well. I liked the scent of the Original much beeter. It has a light cologne scent.

imcndn

I'm pretty much done with the box. I've sent @Funky 34s a message but I haven't heard back from him yet. I've posted a pick of the box's contents at this point. There are a few loose baggies with soap samples that are not included in the picture.

$20170121_235449.jpg

I think I am going to take out the Elora and grated moderns Williams soaps and replace them with something else. I put these two in the box way back when and they are dried out. I must have something more interesting than those two.

$West_Box3_out_soaps.jpg

I'll give @Funky 34s a couple more days to respond.

imcndn

Top Bottom