What's new

Voskhod Saiver 2.0

Came across this thing, and had to order one. :w00t:
It's apparently somehow improved Saiver, that has OC and CC sides to it, and oh right! It takes 2 DE blades, making it a QE(?) razor! :lol:

I'm more a straight/SE shaver, but once i saw this piece of Russian ingenuity i was thoroughly intrigued, and for the price of $10 i just could not pass. I'm not really expecting a whole lot to be honest, but i just got to see for myself how it shaves.

proxy.php

proxy.php

From the Voskhod site:

handle - duralumin
guard - hard plastic
head - silumin - covered with paint
bolt - steel
plate - steel

Pre Order right now, dispatched 23/5

You'd better use it just with one blade.

Відправлено з мого Meizu M2 через Tapatalk

The top blade looks like the really annoying part. It seems to be a DE that's been cut in half and then further trimmed to create a narrower profile without overlap. Forgetting for a moment about whether two DE blades with a spacer between them can deliver a decent (let alone improved) shave, how easy/repeatable is this preparation in practice?

The top blade looks like the really annoying part. It seems to be a DE that's been cut in half and then further trimmed to create a narrower profile without overlap. Forgetting for a moment about whether two DE blades with a spacer between them can deliver a decent (let alone improved) shave, how easy/repeatable is this preparation in practice?
They do seem to overlap; if you look at the picture with the blade halves in the top part, you can see the one on the right goes under the one on left. Can't tell you how easy the loading is tho, but i'll see it once the razor arrives.

I don't have a really wide experience with DE's (got a Super Speed, Black Beauty, Fatboy, and a Ball-End Tech to compare it to), but i'll give my thoughts on the shave anyway. :001_smile

Came across this thing, and had to order one. :w00t:
It's apparently somehow improved Saiver, that has OC and CC sides to it, and oh right! It takes 2 DE blades, making it a QE(?) razor! :lol:

I'm more a straight/SE shaver, but once i saw this piece of Russian ingenuity i was thoroughly intrigued, and for the price of $10 i just could not pass. I'm not really expecting a whole lot to be honest, but i just got to see for myself how it shaves.

proxy.php

proxy.php

If you use only one blade where would it go? Would you only use the 2 halfs on top and assemble with spacer?
I actually have one of these as well as the travel solid safety bar one too. Just haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

Cheers
John

If you use only one blade where would it go? Would you only use the 2 halfs on top and assemble with spacer?
I actually have one of these as well as the travel solid safety bar one too. Just haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

Cheers
John
Good question. As far as i know, you could use a blade in either slot, but it's more convenient to use a whole blade (#4 in the assembly pic). The shave IMO is bound to be different depending on witch slot you use, but i guess that's another thing i'll need to test once the razor arrives. :001_smile

[MENTION=94606]BigJ[/MENTION] & [MENTION=74192]munichjoe[/MENTION] Will do!
It'll probably be couple of weeks 'til i get my hands on it, but i'll let you know. :001_smile

I think I'd make an a withdrawal for 3 units of O+ at the Red Cross blood bank before tackling that - I don't think a shave with that razor could end well for me.:laugh:

It looks like a DE stacked with one split into 2 shavette blades. I'm not super confident I could align those split edges all that well.

It's not made nor marketed by Mostochlegmash right ? It's sold via some shaving accoutrements company called Voskhod.EU or something like that ?

Last edited:
For a while, both Schick and Personna marketed, not a razor, but a blade which was actually two DE blades stacked on each other, to be fitted into any DE razor. I've tried these, and they are really outstanding blades, but really they are no improvement over the great standard blades made by those companies at the same time. A gimmick, really, more than anything else.

Top Bottom