What's new

Vintage soap anyone?

It has almost no scent, but then I don't know what it originally had. I think the seller had opened up a tube of pucks and set them up to sell with other stuff. I rinsed it off and put it in an Old Spice mug. Before my shower, I soaked the puck and it was incredible. What a wonderful shave. I need to go back to the antique mall and see if there are any more for sale.

Hi,

The older barber soap wasn't scented, I think. My pucks of Oster do not have any either. And Tonsorial means Barber.

Stan

Picked up a couple of pucks of some vintage Williams at an antiques festival, Saturday. Does anyone know when these were sold for 64 cents at KMart?
IMG_20170430_222616.jpgIMG_20170430_223102.jpg
This is the first time I've ever had any Williams. The smell reminded me of the hand soap they would put in the bathrooms of the cabins we used to stay in, at the South Carolina State Park, when I was a child, 40 years ago. Kind of a tinny, metallic, soapy smell. I think I'll try some new Williams first, and hang on to these a while.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I started in on my giant slab (650g) of the old P.160 Tipo Morbido last week. Going great so far! I even have a PIF out there with for folks to guess when it will be finished.
full

I wish I could find a picture of the Springreiter stick. This was an awesome German-made soap which was very popular back in the 1960's. I received one around 10 years ago and I still use it from time to time. The scent is still there somewhat, and it lathers very easily.

My word there's so many awesome pictures in this thread. I love the old Williams box art.. it's so cool to see all the stages it went through. I'll own some vintage Williams one day I just need to get off my butt and go out and find some this summer at the flea markets. On a different note can anyone enlighten me on the Williams yankee soap? This is the first time I'm seeing it.

Picked up 2 pucks of Burma Shave (made by Personna) and a puck of Colgate this past week while antiquing on vacation. To my nose, they all smell the same - like plain soap, with a bit of a tin or iron smell. The Williams I picked up last month smelled the same. I guess they didn't add any fragrance to the shaving soaps back then?
proxy.php

After enough years, the fragrance goes away. Doesn't impact the performance, though, as my vintage Old Spice soap is a top performer.

Wow. I'd heard of using vintage film and vintage ink even, but soap... wow. I like the idea. Not sure I'd want to put it on my mug though.

Top Bottom