What's new

Vintage Florsheim Shoes

Anyone else into vintage Florsheim shoes? I love them. Especially the longwings. Over time I’ve come across some amazing deals on these classic pieces of Americana. I took them to the local cobbler for new heals and sole protectors to make them daily drivers.

If you have a pair, please post a pic.

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

Last edited:
You bring back memories, recall buy a set of Imperial Wing Tips in 60's 44 bucks, like 1/2 weeks pay. Had Sole replaced, had Heals replaced, lasted 20 years

I don’t know how you guys dealt with the all-leather sole and heel. One drop of water on the ground and it’s like walking on an ice rink.

This is a pair of cordovan imperials I have not had restored yet. I have to put rubber sole protectors and combination heels on all of them so I don’t end up on my rear end.

IMG_1406.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Anyone else into vintage Florsheim shoes? I love them. Especially the longwings. Over time I’ve come across some amazing deals on these classic pieces of Americana. I took them to the local cobbler for new heals and sole protectors to make them daily drivers.

If you have a pair, please post a pic.

View attachment 1676965

View attachment 1676966
I had a pair of oxblood ones just like those that I bought in 1982? or so for $80ish at JCPENNEY I believe it was in the local mall. Only true highish quality shoes that I ever bought with my own money brand spankin' new. Also the only pair of dress shoes I ever had resoled and reheeled. Fit like a glove, I'll bet I put 100,000 miles on those things.

I gave 'em to Goodwill a little while ago. Seems they shrunk as I aged doggone! Thank you so much for the memories my friend.

LOVE them. ON the stalk for them in lieu of AE at times but have not had much luck in my size/colorway choice.

Like so many other shoe makers, their quality has and continues to slip, particularly after their early 90s BKCY.

LOVE them. ON the stalk for them in lieu of AE at times but have not had much luck in my size/colorway choice.

Like so many other shoe makers, their quality has and continues to slip, particularly after their early 90s BKCY.

Interesting how the 1990s was a turning point for so many shoemakers—Florsheim, Cole Haan, Bostonian. I have a pair of imperials from the late 90s and the quality is just not there. The leather looks and feels like plastic.

I don’t know how you guys dealt with the all-leather sole and heel. One drop of water on the ground and it’s like walking on an ice rink.

This is a pair of cordovan imperials I have not had restored yet. I have to put rubber sole protectors and combination heels on all of them so I don’t end up on my rear end.

View attachment 1677253

Back in day you walked carefully, not like today with head buried in cell phone.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I recently picked a pair of black V-cleat longwings for a good a price. I'll have to post a pic when I get a chance. Beautiful shoes and incredibly well made! Unfortunately, even though I went TTS with my Brannock size per recommendations, they are still too tight in the toe box. I might grab a pair a half size bigger if I can find one.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Chango:
You are 'the Man' in snagging those Wingtips & Bluchers (nice shine on all your foot gear too). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Shoetini: 4oz Vintage XXO, 1oz cool attitude, a splash of indulgence and a twist of temptation. Shake over ice; strain into a trendy pair of Florheim shoes and garish with lots of colorful socks". CBJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom