What's new

Vintage April, 2024

Thank you. 🙂

I'm on the list, so I'll be here for every (face) shave this month...and my razor will be vintage.
Yes! Of course you are!

1712438145320.gif

Date07.04.2024
366 daily shaves
098/366

RazorBladeBrush
Eclipse Red RingDurable Sharp Titanium (7)Abe’s Brush Works Synbad
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (80)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
7/10
(DFS)
7/10 (Comfortable)

Notes:

Summary. Final shave with the Sharp blade. Wonderful Sunday shave using the fabulous Red Ring.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

7 April

Gillette Super-84 (P2) • Perma-Sharp
Wickham 1912 Magnum • AP400 Slim
IMG_20240407_091123375_HDR.jpg

Barely needed to shave really after yesterday's Globusmen encounter, so opted for an easy, relaxed two passes with the Super-84.

I loved the Perma-Sharp with this razor. It's not a blade I've used very often, but on this evidence I'm going to need to correct that.

7th of Vintage April…..
IMG_6949.jpeg
7 O’Clock , made in England, OC, hollow handle.
SV Opuntia , Gillette Nacet , Omega Jade boar.
One of my favourite vintage razors in my stash…..been using up this tuck of Nacets with the Techs this week as they seem to be a great pairing . Usually load a Kai or Astra in the 7 O’Clock. Post shave I think the Kai is best in this razor.
A very nice shave nonetheless. Just 2 passes…not much to take care of as yesterday’s heavy Tech affair was a super close one….heavy Tech/ Nacet has been my standout shave of the week so far closely followed by the Canadian triangle slot one.
It’s been great seeing everyone’s vintage gear this week being used for its intended purpose. Look forward to seeing more.

7 April

Gillette Super-84 (P2) • Perma-Sharp
Wickham 1912 Magnum • AP400 Slim
View attachment 1825122
Barely needed to shave really after yesterday's Globusmen encounter, so opted for an easy, relaxed two passes with the Super-84.

I loved the Perma-Sharp with this razor. It's not a blade I've used very often, but on this evidence I'm going to need to correct that.
It’s happened a couple of times to me this week….they might be old vintage razors but some are capable of truly outstanding results. Most shaves feel smooth immediately after but 24 hrs later is the probably the best time to pass judgement.

Top Bottom