What's new

VEVOR Ultrasonic Cleaner

$90 is a little out of my price range at the moment, someone of the B&B family recommended this one from amazon

That looks a lot like my UKOKE cleaner which I bought from Amazon. My cleaner lasted only a little over a year, used lightly. I will spend more if I decide to replace it.

I usually used a Dawn Ultra solution, with good results cleaning vintage razors and some jewelry for the LOTH.

Hoppies Number 9 was the cleaning solvent.
No wonder it removed the bluing, its a gun bore cleaner!!

Hoppe's No. 9 Gun Bore Cleaner remains the most widely used remover of powder, lead, metal fouling and rust.

Hoppe's No. 9 Gun Bore Cleaner can be used to clean all pistol, rifle, and shotgun bores and penetrates deeply to remove carbon, powder, and lead fouling. It also loosens abrasive debris to prevent wear and tear on your firearm.

My us cleaner instructions says not to use on plated items, which I guess includes most vintage razors. Having said that, I have, and it was ok, but something to bare in mind. Apparently ultra sonics can shake plating loose.
Good point, cause it would cost me more to have them replated

That looks a lot like my UKOKE cleaner which I bought from Amazon. My cleaner lasted only a little over a year, used lightly. I will spend more if I decide to replace it.

I usually used a Dawn Ultra solution, with good results cleaning vintage razors and some jewelry for the LOTH.
Now i'm not sure if i should get a ultra sonic cleaner or not would really hate to screw my razors up

Good point, cause it would cost me more to have them replated
I had a FB that was a Rhodium re-plate from Chris @Razorplate that I put in my UC and the only thing was I had to repaint the numbers after cleaning it. Very easy to do and there are video's on YouTube with step by step instructions on how to do it... I also had a Red Tip that I had to repaint the knob after also... Testers enamel paints were what I used for both.

I had a FB that was a Rhodium re-plate from Chris @Razorplate that I put in my UC and the only thing was I had to repaint the numbers after cleaning it. Very easy to do and there are video's on YouTube with step by step instructions on how to do it... I also had a Red Tip that I had to repaint the knob after also... Testers enamel paints were what I used for both.
The numbers on my FB and slim are already worn off, pothers have suggested to use testers pain to redo them with

Top Bottom