What's new

VEVOR Ultrasonic Cleaner

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello there! @KyLegend45

I'm in the mechanics field, we use ultrasonic cleaners with Simple Green to clean lots of different parts, especially carburetors.

Having said that, when cleaning jewelry and razors, it is not recommended to use Simple Green, because while it is a non toxic cleaner, it has a tendency to eat away coatings.

I agree with previous poster, please stick to using Dawn dish soap detergent, as its the safest thing you can run in an ultra sonic cleaner, for cleaning razors.

I also agree, for residential home usage, Harbor Freight makes excellent ultras sonic cleaners for the price. Considering your rare low usage you will be running it, it will last you forever.

For the record, the only good ultra sonic cleaners for the mechanics or laboratory industry, are 500+ dollar cleaners, which prices them out of the home market, and out of Amazon/Ebay scam the consumer market.

Hello there! @KyLegend45

I'm in the mechanics field, we use ultrasonic cleaners with Simple Green to clean lots of different parts, especially carburetors.

Having said that, when cleaning jewelry and razors, it is not recommended to use Simple Green, because while it is a non toxic cleaner, it has a tendency to eat away coatings.

I agree with previous poster, please stick to using Dawn dish soap detergent, as its the safest thing you can run in an ultra sonic cleaner, for cleaning razors.

I also agree, for residential home usage, Harbor Freight makes excellent ultras sonic cleaners for the price. Considering your rare low usage you will be running it, it will last you forever.

For the record, the only good ultra sonic cleaners for the mechanics or laboratory industry, are 500+ dollar cleaners, which prices them out of the home market, and out of Amazon/Ebay scam the consumer market.
Thanks for the info, never thought about simple green eating away at the coating on the razors.

Reactions: Kix
Last time I used an Ultra Sonic cleaner was on my County Issued Blue Steel Revolver.

Did great removing Lead from County Reloads.

Bad news was it also cause Bluing to change color. Plus it was apprently removing some of Bluing.

Think ultra sonic is over kill on plated razors.

Last time I used an Ultra Sonic cleaner was on my County Issued Blue Steel Revolver.

Bad news was it also cause Bluing to change color. Plus it was apprently removing some of Bluing.

What would you recommend using for razors?
The ones i will be cleaning are 2 flare tips, a fatboy, a slim, and a black beauty.

shavefan

I’m not a fan

It was most likely a result of the cleaning solution used, not the ultrasonic cleaner in itself.

It was most likely a result of the cleaning solution used, not the ultrasonic cleaner in itself.

Well the Ultra Sonic I used was in late 1970’s it was in local Uniform store that served police n fire. Hoppies Number 9 was the cleaning solvent.

It had no effect on Stainless Steel, but did cause problem to Blue Steel finishes.

In 50 years technology has changed.

Having a lot of experience with Hoppies it never it never seem to do much but clean well with Jag, Brass Brush old school by hand method.

Reason I use the Ultra Sonic on County owned fire, was our practice ammo was lead. It after a day at range was pain to clean old school. Only way to remove it was Brass Toothbrush, and metal dental tool.

All our lead was recycled from range berm, let’s say it was recycled many times.

Well the Ultra Sonic I used was in late 1970’s it was in local Uniform store that served police n fire. Hoppies Number 9 was the cleaning solvent.

It had no effect on Stainless Steel, but did cause problem to Blue Steel finishes.

In 50 years technology has changed.

Having a lot of experience with Hoppies it never it never seem to do much but clean well with Jag, Brass Brush old school by hand method.

Reason I use the Ultra Sonic on County owned fire, was our practice ammo was lead. It after a day at range was pain to clean old school. Only way to remove it was Brass Toothbrush, and metal dental tool.

All our lead was recycled from range berm, let’s say it was recycled many times.
I've never deep cleaned my firearm parts but then again i clean them every time i get back from the range

Well, if you want to test out an ultrasonic cleaner Harbor Freight has one for about $90 (before discounts... I paid about half that 6 years ago). 2.5L in size. I clean jewelry, my razors, and bike parts (not at the same time).
It's light duty cycle (5 min on, at least 10 min cool down).
It has enough power that with a degreaser, it breaks down 30 year old hardened grease in bike shifters.

Well, if you want to test out an ultrasonic cleaner Harbor Freight has one for about $90 (before discounts... I paid about half that 6 years ago). 2.5L in size. I clean jewelry, my razors, and bike parts (not at the same time).
It's light duty cycle (5 min on, at least 10 min cool down).
It has enough power that with a degreaser, it breaks down 30 year old hardened grease in bike shifters.
$90 is a little out of my price range at the moment, someone of the B&B family recommended this one from amazon

I've never deep cleaned my firearm parts but then again i clean them every time i get back from the range

Well remember Blueing is like the Browning, a sort of control rusting process.

I was taking about something we did 40 years ago.

I am sure metal finishing today is bettter.

Still would not personally put vintage Gillette in Ultra Sonic.

Well remember Blueing is like the Browning, a sort of control rusting process.

I was taking about something we did 40 years ago.

I am sure metal finishing today is bettter.

Still would not personally put vintage Gillette in Ultra sonic
I do have one of my razors that if it does get messed up in the ultra sonic i only paid $15 for the razor

Legion

Staff member
My us cleaner instructions says not to use on plated items, which I guess includes most vintage razors. Having said that, I have, and it was ok, but something to bare in mind. Apparently ultra sonics can shake plating loose.

Top Bottom