What's new

GIVEAWAY! UK/EU beginner set PIF

There are a lot of very generous people on B&B, but with international postage in its current shape it can be difficult to access if you are not CONUS.

After almost a decade in the hobby I'm slimming down my shave den and some of my original kit is surplus to my requirements. I'll be the first to admit that it isn't premium, but if you want to give DE shaving a go (or know someone who does) then this is the PIF for you.

It consists of:
- A Lord L5 safety razor
- An OMEGA 80266 Pure Bristle (Boar) Shaving Brush
- A stick of La Toja (hands down the best soap I've tried)
- A tuck of Gillette Silver Blue blades

The PIF is open to anyone in the UK or the EU. Just reply "I'm in" to this thread - if I get multiple takers I'll do some sort of lot drawing for who gets the gear.

Attachments

• shaving PIF.jpg
    shaving PIF.jpg
    772.4 KB · Views: 31
Ok, here goes.

The razor is an abomination in terms of quality but boy does it shave. Very easy to find the right angle and it's a pretty wide window at that. It was my first try of La Toja and it didn't disappoint. Simple smell, easy to lather and great slickness and facefeel after the shave. I lost the Gillette Silver Blue pack in my empire of dirt but I didn't throw it away so it must still be there somewhere. The brush was on it's last legs yet still gave a good lather. It was just very floppy from use I guess.
Took the knot out and replaced it with a Muhle STF one. That brush was piffed since it turned out I didn't like synthetics.
All in all a very generous PIF by @thefenlander and certainly not a beginners set.
The Lord is still in my DOPP kit and La Toja is one of the best shaving sticks I have. Hell, I even ordered another L5 in case mine gets lost.
I haven't seen him around in a long time but it was the first PIF I entered and I won.
So thanks a lot again for making me the winner and I hope all is well on your side of the Canal.

Excellent! I shaved on an L6 for a very long time. It gets the job done. I haven't tried La Toja yet but it seems like the perfect travel soap. I bought Speik but it didn't come with a case and that just isn't going to work in a dobb kit.

Excellent! I shaved on an L6 for a very long time. It gets the job done. I haven't tried La Toja yet but it seems like the perfect travel soap. I bought Speik but it didn't come with a case and that just isn't going to work in a dobb kit.
Speick also makes a deodorant in a tube, use it up and you can put the soap in there, even has the logo on it!
Works great. But I have also just put the stick back in its box and thrown it in my DOPP kit. Works too!

I'm crazy about keeping things dry so I'd hate to put it in the box without having over a day to dry but I get it. I'll probably just let it sit on the counter in the den while I use it or smash it into a small cup to later from.

Top Bottom