What's new

Ugly practice brush handle PIF

Reminds me of a few sayings. Pretty from afar but far from pretty, and Beauty is only a light switch away. Since I need light to shave I'm not in. Nice shape though. Keep going.

Not in. Not nearly ugly enough for me. I had a small obsession with ugly shoes in my younger days. I would buy the ugliest shoes possible. My friends would just shake their heads. A girlfriend actually left me because she couldn't take it. I had a pair of shoes so bad, that it made people angry. Ahhh, the good ol' days.

I can dig it. Looks pretty good to me. Definitely unique. I like to see the potential in things. With a quality knot it can be a rockstar.

I'm in!

I am not sure I have any "quality" posts, but here is a happy post.
happy post.jpg

It reminds me of the picture of the ultrasound my wife made me look at when she was pregnant. I felt a sense of awe but at the same time I'm thinking what the heck is that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It reminds me of the picture of the ultrasound my wife made me look at when she was pregnant. I felt a sense of awe but at the same time I'm thinking what the heck is that.
You sir, have just won the "post of the day!" I promise not to tell your wife or child...

It's like a drunk rainbow wandered into your shop and threw up in the mold while you weren't looking. That is exquisitely hideous! Not in, but man it is tempting.

I'm in. I think it looks pretty cool. By the way, @CigarSmoka, what size knot does it take? I've been wanting to try making a brush, otherwise known as gluing a knot into a handle. I'd like to transplant my Plisson synthetic, or it would be a good excuse to buy a badger knot if the Plisson won't fit. Thanks for the opportunity!
Edit: as for the requirements, 1) I'm CONUS 2) I've probably said something worth reading this year. I hope. 3) My wife often has me change my tie before leaving home. 4) Do your worst!

Last edited:
Not in... whilst I appreciate the craftsmanship, unfortunately we don't have access to CONUS... but the real reason I'm not in is because the handle looks similar to the playing strip of a local football team (whose colours are red, blue and yellow) and I wouldn't want anybody to mistake me for one of their supporters.

Top Bottom