What's new

Tried any good wines?

That's because you are. ZH is perhaps the best producer on Earth. Everything they make is great. Their cheapest selections are wonderful wines, and their good stuff is as good as it gets. Their Gewurtz is about the best I ever tried.

True. My best wine buying day ever was when my local wine store got a closeout deal on a bunch of their gewurtzes for about 1/3 price.

Another gewurtz that I found to be at least the equal, was by Domain Bott-Geyl. Unfortunately I remember neither the year nor any other particulars .

-Mo

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Ah well, I've still got my 1977 Grahams to open on Christmas Day :drool:

I have some. The Grahams is a fruitier style of port- very nice. At twenty years, it should be just about perfect know.

It is generally a bell curve, for wines that are up for aging at all.

Yes, but sometimes that bell may have a very flat top that covers a long period of time, followed by a period of very gradual decline. Those types may be the best for the long haul.

Thanks for the responses to my question, guys. While I think I have a bit more understanding now, I'm also thoroughly confused. Lol.

Yes, but sometimes that bell may have a very flat top that covers a long period of time, followed by a period of very gradual decline. Those types may be the best for the long haul.

Point. I meant to say that it is a bell curve only in the loosest since of going up and then back down, but that point kinda got away from me.....

-Mo

I have some. The Grahams is a fruitier style of port- very nice. At twenty years, it should be just about perfect know.

That's funny, my Grahams 1977 is thirty years old but yours is only twenty years old :confused1

:biggrin:

I like rieslings and Liebfraumilch. On occasion I'll drink Beaujolais. I'm not big on wines that much. I always prefer beer to wine.

I am particularly fond of commandarias (often used as communion wine in the Eastern Orthodox Church. However, it makes a dandy dessert wine). It isn't bad for the oldest named wine in production...

Before I answer the question, what do you like? I have an aversion to oak, American mostly and French to a lesser degree. I am a huge fan of stainless steel aged wines, I love the taste of grapes. I am not a huge fan of muscadines; concord, scuppernong and the like belong in jelly in my opinion. I love reds and whites, from dry to sweet. If I am describing your tastes, I am a huge fan of Wintergreen Winery in Nellysford, VA. Great stuff and a good family running the show.

Top Bottom