What's new

Toronto July 2012

next time we will have to do Boris' intervention for his brush AD, and we will have to bring canadian beer for the american imported members lmao
thanks for hosting us though, always a pleasure and it was fun waiting for you to pull your thing out so Sam could have a sniff

You know everything was about the importance of the floppiness, don't you?!

lol i even put up a last call, and the threads been around for a while.

thats okay though just another excuse to do it again soon, and next time we will have to bring the pens out to play with

I was missing in action for a while, so there you go.

I was missing in action for a while, so there you go.
glad to have you back then Bill, next time we get together ill be sure to let you know i live real close to RockViper, and Edge isnt that far away im sure there are others who couldnt make it out this time, that would love to another day as well

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Thanks for a wonderful evening folks! It's not often the chauffeur gets invited in and allowed to sit and the table and play with the big boys.... (or wee guard dogs!) Alas, SWMBO had the camera, so others will need to post their shots. Hopefully, I didn't scare mcpell too much :tongue_sm

It was a fun few hours (I got home around 1:30am .... 1 hour was due to "non meeting" driving to pick up SWMBO) and meeting new folks (mcpell and edgerunner's SWMBO!) and renewing acquaintances with edgerunner and syngent made the evening a smash hit. Of course, there was always the added benefit of checking out new stuff.

edgerunner can open a shop with the amount of brushes he has, and I'm very grateful for being able to test-drive some handles. Some I thought would feel great, didn't feel comfortable at all, while others that looked like a non-starter felt very natural (Tulip, I'm looking at YOU!).

edgerunner's ravings about the Rose of Bulgaria soap from my last hook-up with him were totally justified! That is, once his SWMBO hand delivered it to our gathering.... he had left it home :biggrin1: I think I'm hooked on this stuff; it actually had me salivating (go figure).

Other big winners for me were being able to try Tabac AS as well as the Speick AS. I love the Speick soap and cream, and figured the AS would be great as well and I wasn't let down.

VERY tired at work today, but it was worth it! Thanks boys!

Last edited:
Damn, Damn, Damn... yesterday I put away 42 pens I had packed to bring as well as a couple of brushes, some straights, some Coon Cat Bob handles for my 1912's. It sounds like it was a great time.

Damn, Damn, Damn... yesterday I put away 42 pens I had packed to bring as well as a couple of brushes, some straights, some Coon Cat Bob handles for my 1912's. It sounds like it was a great time.
man i dont even travel with a piece of chalk lol 42 pens ? im not sure i hve bought 42 pens in my entire life lol, but then well i seem to be on my way soon

I'd hoped I'd try some of your inks and pens Brian. I hadn't tested my calligraphy and stenography skills for long long time. There will be next time, right?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
This morning I used some of the D.R.Harris Arlington stick I got from syngent. The scent is not near as strong on the face as it is on the soap itself and, while the lather I made didn't look as creamy as I am used to (1st time with it), the shave knocked the socks of the Castle Forbes I was using. Good stuff! Thanks syngent!

Well, I must say that I had a truly enjoyable time on Sunday. Rockviper - thank you for picking me up at the hotel and shuttling me back and forth. Your sarcastic humor was appreciated. I also want to thank you for the wonderful samples you provided me of some of your soaps. I look forward to getting back home to try them. Syngent - thank you for setting this up. It was great to meet you and check out some of your supplies. I'm enamored with the pencil shaving scent of the castle forbes cream. Edgerunner - thank you for your hospitality. I've had the opportunity to sample many Canadian beers this week so the serving of Heineken and Stella will go overlooked :biggrin1:. That PizzaPizza pizza was one of the better pizza's I've had. I appreciate you and your wife's hospitality. You have a truly great collection of brushes - I'm quite jealous. I suspect I will end up adding a Simpson Commodore to my gear at some point. Thank you for the sample of the Bulgarian Rose cream - I am saving it for use when I get home for a special occasion. I am enjoying the RazoRock Sandalwood. I had a great shave with it the last two days - I love the scent. You all truly added a unique local flair to my business trip to the Microsoft Partner Conference. I look forward to the next time I can get together with you or others so that I can pay it forward with samples and such as you did with me. It is truly appreciated.

Forgot to mention that Rockviper lent, well gave, I don't think he wants it back, me a rapira blade to use for the week. I'm regularly, when not using a straight, a feather user. I was quite impressed with the performance of the rapira. Looking forward to third and fourth shaves to assess longevity. Thanks for the blade!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
This morning, I used the other goody I ran off with from the Get-Together: Rose of Bulgaria cream. I was actually salivating when edgerunner let me play with this on Sunday (smell, smear on fingers, and then a full test lather in his ever so cute turtle bowl hee hee!) and this morning's shave was awesome with the Slant. Skin feels great and this will definitely be on my list of things to grab (along with it's sister Herbs of Bulgaria and their matching ***).

Thanks again folks! Me be happy still from Sunday!

looks like you guys had a great get together. there are some fine B&B members from Ontario and nice to see a few of you so close together.

like rockviper said, edgerunner had been bugged many time with my brush questions. he seems to own or have tried at least one of everything out there :thumbup:

there was a second table that would have been great for pens, Brain and his collection was missed by all. we all concluded his boss has horrible timing indeed, and even the many many emails i sent to microsoft they said they wouldnt change the date of the conference

Top Bottom