What's new

Toggle repaired correctly?

Doors are off. Don't stress over the RE negativity. I'll be shocked if Matt doesn't take care of you. Let us know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_095919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_095919_Chrome.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 24
That definitely doesn't look right at all. Although it's not uncommon for Toggles to have uneven blade gap and finding one without any such issues is very hard, this one looks pretty bad and I would definitely contact whoever worked on it to fix it.

That definitely doesn't look right at all. Although it's not uncommon for Toggles to have uneven blade gap and finding one without any such issues is very hard, this one looks pretty bad and I would definitely contact whoever worked on it to fix it.
None of mine have any misalignments. Surely this one will be made right at Emporium and returned to the owner correctly assembled.

None of mine have any misalignments. Surely this one will be made right at Emporium and returned to the owner correctly assembled.
You must be really lucky then, because Toggles in general are known to have the T bar tilted a bit in one or another direction and if I remember correctly, Toggles are supposed to be adjusted while the doors are closed, because the whole operating mechanism is different than the Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustable.

I've had one F4 and D1 gold Toggles and both had a tiny bit of misalignments and I've also heard of countless of people having the same issues to the point of considering it a normal thing when it comes to Toggles.

Now, what we see on the photo is a completely different story and is definitely not natural or normal for a Toggle.

I've had one F4 and D1 gold Toggles and both had a tiny bit of misalignments and I've also heard of countless of people having the same issues to the point of considering it a normal thing when it comes to Toggles.
I’ve always considered the 1946 safety bar TTO to be the worst but was definitely surprised when 2 out of the 3 standard toggles that I’ve handled have had safety bar alignment issues that would affect the operation and shave. I think the heavier design probably plays a big part of that. It weights a solid 10% more than a Fatboy does and it’s definitely ergonomically a bit awkward.

Not a great user piece for the faint of heart price wise, especially if someone is looking at a cheaper one thats seen some use.

I’ve always considered the 1946 safety bar TTO to be the worst but was definitely surprised when 2 out of the 3 standard toggles that I’ve handled have had safety bar alignment issues that would affect the operation and shave. I think the heavier design probably plays a big part of that. It weights a solid 10% more than a Fatboy does and it’s definitely ergonomically a bit awkward.

Not a great user piece for the faint of heart price wise, especially if someone is looking at a cheaper one thats seen some use.

I still think that the Toggle is a better shaver than the Fatboy, Slim and tge SA, but still there are plenty of much cheaper shavers that ate just as good if not better. It's a collector's razor more tgan anything.

OP @BlueBlades hasn't logged in for over 10 weeks.
I'd like to know the outcome as well, Dave.
Saw that when I referenced this post in another thread and saw that it got bumped.

My assumption is more likely that it got resolved as opposed to that it didn’t as I’d think the original poster would have a lot more to say under those circumstances. Never know though.

Top Bottom