What's new

Toggle repaired correctly?

Hello!
Newbie here. Just received my toggle back from The emporium. Before I sent out my Razor out for revamp, it had a certain springiness to it. When I got it back that springiness seems to have disappeared. Is this normal toggle operation or should be concerned? I also gave it some mineral oil just to be sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6419.jpeg
    IMG_6419.jpeg
    865.1 KB · Views: 149
Welcome to the forum. Looking at your photo blown up it looks like you might have a lazy door. One door definitely looks higher than the other door from your side on view.
The doors look to be alright also. Here is a better picture for you. I Was watching Matts video on how he repairs toggles and i think I’m having an issue with an incorrectly installed C-clip.
IMG_6425.jpeg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The toggle cam should remain in contact with the follower piece on the end of the handle.
Yes, you can pull it away but it will snap back (when the toggle is at 90*). Spring loaded.
Something is terribly wrong there, I'd send it back ASAP. That looks messed up.

The toggle cam should remain in contact with the follower piece on the end of the handle.
Yes, you can pull it away but it will snap back (when the toggle is at 90*). Spring loaded.
Something is terribly wrong there, I'd send it back ASAP. That looks messed up.
I Will be sending it back out tomorrow. Really disappointed to see them drop the ball on this one. Thank you.

@BlueBlades Welcome to the forum and you couldn't have picked a better topic to start off with!! Prepare yourself for what you're about to receive in sending that razor back to RE as he deals nothing but disappointment when dealing with situations like this and maybe you should just cut your losses now and find someone else to send it to. I wish you the best and can only hope it doesn't turn out as bad as I know it will...

To me, in both pics the doors are off. The right is lower than the left and since the angle is different in each pic it makes it even more apparent...

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
To me, in both pics the doors are off. The right is lower than the left and since the angle is different in each pic it makes it even more apparent...
Remember folks, all those commenting on the doors ... the toggle is in the OPEN position, the doors are only tightly locked (or should be) when the switch handle is pointed down. So that first pic is like a fatboy with the TTO partially open.

Remember folks, all those commenting on the doors ... the toggle is in the OPEN position, the doors are only tightly locked (or should be) when the switch handle is pointed down. So that first pic is like a fatboy with the TTO partially open.
Shouldn't the doors be all the way open then with the toggle in that position?

Top Bottom