What's new

TOBS sandlewood AS

I bought a bottle of the Taylor of Old Bond Street sandlewood aftershave. I've used it once and I must say I'm a bit undecided about the scent. It has a strong powdery smell that I recognize but I just can't seem to place it. I will say this, the scent will stay with you for most of the day and it seemed to exhibit excellent skin conditioning characteristics. Does anyone else have any experiences with this product to share. Much appreciated.

I have some, like it a lot, and use it every now and then. When I bought it, I expected it to smell woodier than it does. It still has the sandalwood fragrance, but it's more of a classic fougere than I expected. I hadn't noticed a "powdery" smell, but now that you mention it, the floral notes do have a resemblance to Johnson & Johnson baby powder a little. I wouldn't describe it as a strong powdery smell, but it does have things other than sandalwood going on.

I haven't noticed skin conditioning or longevity aspects particularly, but I haven't been paying that close attention.

I agree with your assessment...thank you. I guess not as many people use the scent in relationship to TOB sandlewood soap/cream

It definitely has a different scent than the cream. The Cream scent is wonderful but the aftershave scent is weird. For the price of the aftershave I will not buy it again because it doesn't smell like the cream. The cream smell is to die for!!!

I have a bottle of this, and as much as I love it, have only used it a few times. Easily the most expensive aftershave in my collection so I use it the least. With that said, I do like it a lot, smells just like the sandalwood shaving cream to me. I'm guessing it also has a fair amount of glycerin in it, as it feels quite moisturizing compared to typical alcohol based splashes.

If my wife is in the car with me while I am wearing it, she rolls down her window at every stop light. It seems she can't stand it. My assistant at work, however, thinks it is wonderful. I think it's just so-so and not anywhere close to the TOBS shaving soap fragrance.

Top Bottom