What's new

Those of you who take a multi, what do you use?

I've been lifting for them for years now, and love the pak. I've worked with them for many years at the Arnold and even ridden my motorcycle to Vegas from Detroit for the Olympia.. I'll gladly stand by their products any day

I imagine we've crossed paths at some point because I've been to numerous Arnold's/Olympia's.

I've lifted with Eric (naturalguy) and a few others at diff ABC events. I stand by the company but not the products.

To each their own.

Ok...I read the first pages of this and several of the last...woah...its too much...

what do you take if you are in your mid 50's ??? In your opinion...

here is a side note for you...today is my 2 week anniversary of my triple bypass. no heart attack just family genetics filled veins...today I walked a total of 2.5 miles in 49 minutes spitting that time and distance by two.

I can't take anything during this time until I see my dt again....however, I was taking a centrum silver.

your thoughts ???

Ok...I read the first pages of this and several of the last...woah...its too much...

what do you take if you are in your mid 50's ??? In your opinion...

here is a side note for you...today is my 2 week anniversary of my triple bypass. no heart attack just family genetics filled veins...today I walked a total of 2.5 miles in 49 minutes spitting that time and distance by two.

I can't take anything during this time until I see my dt again....however, I was taking a centrum silver.

your thoughts ???

Taking a centrum is equivalent to licking a piece of kale, it won't do much. I do feel that the older you get, as you become more nutrient deficient, it becomes a better time to "supplement" should you diet not provide the majority of your needs.

Imho, and what I've been using for the past 6 weeks or so:

http://www.getrippednutrition.com/CL_Orange_Triad_Greens_p/clotgreens.htm

Combination of the multi plus greens. Is it the best on the market, no. Will it break the bank, no. Is it very good for what you get, yes.

Just started on Orange Triad this week. Not too keen on taking 6 large pills every day, but we'll see how it goes. I was taking NOW Foods Adam multivitamin with no issues, but I like trying new stuff.

Just started on Orange Triad this week. Not too keen on taking 6 large pills every day, but we'll see how it goes. I was taking NOW Foods Adam multivitamin with no issues, but I like trying new stuff.

You can make your dosing 3-3 or 2-2-2, which I always did.

Any comments on NO2?

Without a good chuckle, no. It's MOA is to use Arginine as a vasodilator. This works momentarily until a peak is reached and it becomes a vasoconstrictor. This is why you see smart companies moving away from it in their products, MRI has not gotten the memo and the memo (i'm sure you can find in my bb.com posts) has been circulating since 2010

There are several pubmed articles, iirc dealing with this

Taking a centrum is equivalent to licking a piece of kale, it won't do much. I do feel that the older you get, as you become more nutrient deficient, it becomes a better time to "supplement" should you diet not provide the majority of your needs.

Imho, and what I've been using for the past 6 weeks or so:

http://www.getrippednutrition.com/CL_Orange_Triad_Greens_p/clotgreens.htm

Combination of the multi plus greens. Is it the best on the market, no. Will it break the bank, no. Is it very good for what you get, yes.

Lol- nice analogy with the kale :)

how does the OT plus greens taste? What do you mix it with?

thanks!

Orange Triad is a great multivitamin, I also really like the Controlled Labs fish oil called Oximega. Much better EPA/DHA profile than most fish oils on the market and it's reasonably priced.

Anywho, I don't take the full dose of 6 capsules of OT, usually 2 or 3 pills. Even at half of the dose you're still getting plenty of what you need, plus you get many of those goodies from your diet as well. I don't need or want that much of most vitamins due to the fact that I eat a very healthy diet and also take other stand alone vitamins.

Multivitamins are very convenient but they generally contain low quality/low bio available forms of certain vitamins and minerals. Zinc, magnesium, and calcium are a few that fall into that category, so I prefer to take stand alone versions of some vitamins and a smaller dose of OT.

I have recently been reading about astaxanthin, some think it is the most wonderful of products, but I also read some reviews that gave some warnings about it.

I have been taking the OT for a few years now, and will be ordering the OT with Greens soon.

Has anyone been on the
astaxanthin for a time now, and what are your opinions of it.
Thanks

I have recently been reading about astaxanthin, some think it is the most wonderful of products, but I also read some reviews that gave some warnings about it.

I have been taking the OT for a few years now, and will be ordering the OT with Greens soon.

Has anyone been on the
Thanks

It is definitely a superior antioxidant. There was a bodybuilding.com thread awhile back that either chasinSKURT OR NO HYPE TACKLED, iirc

Has anyone been on the
Thanks

I've been taking astaxanthin for nearly 4 months now. Usually 10 mg (Vitacost brand) 1st thing in the am. I can't say for certain how much it really does for me. It does seem to help my skin look a bit better (more color). I've been feeling better lately, but I've been trying to eat better and exercise more this winter so I give that more of the credit. I haven't noticed any bad side effects. I had read about how it helps reduce inflammation so that's mainly why I've been taking it. I had suffered some shoulder injuries last year and along I think some of the supplements I took did help to alleviate some pain and speed up healing....or maybe all in my head lol

I've been taking Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men for a couple of years...I like it a lot and it's the most comprehensive multi I've taken in a long time

Top Bottom