What's new

The "Use Only One Blade in Feb" Challenge

I'm selling five blades for $10 a piece on the B/S/T. The $10.00 is a donation to the Susan Moore Memorial Fund, not to me. The last ebay sale was almost $6.00 a piece with shipping, so $10.00 isn't really out of line. Plus it goes to a worthy cause.

I donated and I'm looking forward to shaving the entire month with one blade. I wonder what the soap/cream of the month is for February. Maybe I'll use one razor, one blade, one soap/cream, and one brush and see how it goes.

I donated and I'm looking forward to shaving the entire month with one blade. I wonder what the soap/cream of the month is for February. Maybe I'll use one razor, one blade, one soap/cream, and one brush and see how it goes.

The blades are going out today. There is just one left for the $10.00 donation.

I'll start a new thread next week. This should be fun with more members trying to stretch one blade an entire. month. :w00t:

Shave 43 with last year's blade. I used Tabac for the first time. Scent is just ok, but the lather is great.

I think 43 shaves with one blade was a bit too much. It wasn't fun, and there's a lot of stubble, but not one weeper. This blade will be retired with honor.

I'm going to start a new thread right now....

A great challenge. :thumbup1: This is like hypermiling but instead of targeting the best gas mileage, get the longest blade life.

I once shaved with the same Derby DE blade for 3 weeks (about 15 times) but with more care could have probably pushed it for a month. The shaves were not as easy to perform and not as close, but were still presentable. Given the price of DE blades it felt foolish to push the blade towards Clark Howard extremes, but I wanted to see what would happen if I tried. I have used the same Feather AC straight blade for 20 shaves, though I usually like to change those after shave number 10-12.

A great challenge. :thumbup1: This is like hypermiling but instead of targeting the best gas mileage, get the longest blade life.

I once shaved with the same Derby DE blade for 3 weeks (about 15 times) but with more care could have probably pushed it for a month. The shaves were not as easy to perform and not as close, but were still presentable. Given the price of DE blades it felt foolish to push the blade towards Clark Howard extremes, but I wanted to see what would happen if I tried. I have used the same Feather AC straight blade for 20 shaves, though I usually like to change those after shave number 10-12.

Join us for the challenge. Derby or Feather straight is fine. )

I use straights most days, so having one blade loaded for touch-ups or off days will work fine for me.

I am in and will use a swede.

I was planning to do this anyway so it will be good to have some company. I will be using a Swede. Does it matter how many passes I do, or that I shave every other day? Bear in mind that my beard is iron gray, both in color and texture.

Shave 43 with last year's blade. I used Tabac for the first time. Scent is just ok, but the lather is great.

I think 43 shaves with one blade was a bit too much. It wasn't fun, and there's a lot of stubble, but not one weeper. This blade will be retired with honor.

I'm going to start a new thread right now....

Did you start a new thread? :confused1

Top Bottom