What's new

The "Try a New SE" PIF

Have you never used a single-edged razor before and want to try it? Or are you a practiced hand at SE shaving but want to try a different razor out? Then have we got a PIF for you.

Thanks to a very generous anonymous donation we have a dozen various SE razors to give away! All we're asking in return is that you post your experiences with the razor back to the forum.

The Rules

Who can enter?

Anyone who has at least 45 quality posts and has been a member of B&B for at least a month by the time of the drawing, which will happen at the end of this month, is eligible. Also, you must not have used any of the razors that you're entering your name for before. The whole point of this PIF is to get folks to try something new.

How do I enter?

Just reply to this thread before next Sunday, September 30th, with a list of the razors that you'd like to put your name in for in order of your preference.

How will winners be selected?

A random number will be drawn for each razor. If the same person is drawn for more than one razor they will win the one that was higher on their list, their name will be removed from the pool for the other, and a new random number will be drawn for the second razor.

What do I have to do if I win?

We will be sending the razors out with a starter pack of blades. What we'd like for you to do is to use it for at two weeks and post your thoughts or questions about it back to the group after each week -- once at the halfway point, and again at the end of the trial period. What do you or don't you like about it? How does it compare with the other razor(s) you're used to using? Etc.

If you want to post more frequently than at the end of each week, or if you want to give it a longer test drive than just two weeks, or if you wanted to post a full review of it over in the Reviews section that would all be awesome, but isn't required.

The Razors

A.1912, ornate handle
B.Feather Weight
C.Open-comb Micromatic
D.Schick injector (Type G)
E.Clog-pruf Micromatic
F.1924 (A.K.A "Shovelhead"), short handle
G.1912, fluted handle
H.Open-comb Micromatic
I.Heavy Flat Top (A.K.A. "G-Bar")
J.1924 (A.K.A "Shovelhead"), long handle
K.Heavy Flat Top (A.K.A. "G-Bar")
L.1912, ornate handle

I'm currently on a Canadian road trip, but I will be checking back in with this thread at least in the evenings if anyone has any questions for me. Otherwise, have at it folks, and good luck!

Have a few SE's of my own, but most of those I havent tried. I'm in!

K, I, J, F, E, D, B

Would love to try one of those G Bars or Shovelheads!

Last edited:
I'd love an opportunity to review an SE! The only SE I've tried has been a Valet Auto Strop and not much luck with it.
My preference order would be: I, K, A, B, C, H, E, L, G, J, F, D
Thanks!

Wow what a PIF! I've only tried a Schick G-Type. Otherwise I have no preference. So...
A, B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L :biggrin1: Thank you for the opportunity!

Very generous PIF. Well, my hat's in the ring - or maybe that's a mixed metaphor. Make that my brush is in the mug. I've been hoping to try a SE. A, C, H, L and if none of the above any will be gratefully received. If it doesn't work out for me to get one I'll still be grateful for the chance.

This is an incredibly generous PIF. I have only held a Featherweight so in order

D I J L A B E F G H K

This reminds me I need to shave with the Featherweight again and write it up.

Awesome PIF opportunity! I have an Open Comb and a Featherwaight, so here is my list.

E. Clog-pruf Micromatic
K. Heavy Flat Top (A.K.A. "G-Bar")
I. Heavy Flat Top (A.K.A. "G-Bar")
A. 1912, ornate handle
L. 1912, ornate handle
J. 1924 (A.K.A "Shovelhead"), long handle
F. 1924 (A.K.A "Shovelhead"), short handle
G. 1912, fluted handle
D. Schick injector (Type G)

Good Luck to all!

Don't count me in - I just wanted to say, what an amazing opportunity and thank you very much! I fully endorse SE experimentation. I have a couple of these and it has been a real pleasure to get to know them. Been using SE exclusively for a couple of years now.

Top Bottom