What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

The razor is on its way to Ray Settanta. I could see this as an everyday razor for me. I especially enjoyed plate 6, smooth, efficient, & irritation free shaving. I thoroughly enjoyed the razor & want to thank GlazedBoker for making this pass around possible. :a14::a14::a14:

The razor is on its way to Ray Settanta. I could see this as an everyday razor for me. I especially enjoyed plate 6, smooth, efficient, & irritation free shaving. I thoroughly enjoyed the razor & want to thank GlazedBoker for making this pass around possible. :a14::a14::a14:
Nice, reviews and I have to agree. Shaved twice with the Game Changer now and I think I will sell it. I prefer the 6s over it for me anyway. 6s is my daily driver preference now. Again, enjoyed reading your thorough reviews.

Thank you @Dave in KY. The 6S is a game changer (not a bad pun for an old man!) Plates 4 - 6 are best for me, & I imagine #6 is what I would use as a daily plate if I buy the razor. What plate/s do you prefer?

Thank you @Dave in KY. The 6S is a game changer (not a bad pun for an old man!) Plates 4 - 6 are best for me, & I imagine #6 is what I would use as a daily plate if I buy the razor. What plate/s do you prefer?

I can get a great shave with either 3, 4 or 5 but I generally use 3 on the first shave of a new blade. Plenty efficient for 24 hour shaving while giving absolutely zero irritation. Rockwell really nailed it with this razor.

I can get a great shave with either 3, 4 or 5 but I generally use 3 on the first shave of a new blade. Plenty efficient for 24 hour shaving while giving absolutely zero irritation. Rockwell really nailed it with this razor.
Absolutely !! I just wish it looked like the Game Changer while shaving like it does.

I've not used it too long but 4 or 5 seemed to be best for me when doing the pass around. More time with it leaves me room to move up if needed.

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11 (completed)
-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed-shipped)
-Ray Settanta (in transit to)
-Gorris (on deck)
-Odenihy (in the hole)

Get your shave on Gents..... :shaving:

May 24, 2018 Thursday

Shave #1

Plate:
R3
Preshave: Proraso Pre-shave Cream
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: RazorRock Plissoft Monster synthetic 26mm
Soap: Omega Via Barberia
Aftershave: Cella Milano after shave lotion
First impressions: The razor looks to be well constructed of quality materials and is, in my opinion, heavy but not unmanageable.

For me, the usual 3 pass shave- WTG, XTG, ATG. No buffing or touchups. The razor yielded a smooth, comfortable shave with no audible feedback and no blade feel but not as much beard reduction as I would like. There was no irritation. The correct blade angle seemed to be easy to find. I would compare this plate to a Gillette postwar Tech.

May 24, 2018 Thursday

Shave #1

Plate:
R3
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: RazorRock Plissoft Monster synthetic 26mm
First impressions: The razor looks to be well constructed of quality materials and is, in my opinion, heavy but not unmanageable.

For me, the usual 3 pass shave- WTG, XTG, ATG. No buffing or touchups. The razor yielded a smooth, comfortable shave with no audible feedback and no blade feel but not as much beard reduction as I would like. There was no irritation. The correct blade angle seemed to be easy to find. I would compare this plate to a Gillette postwar Tech.

I think that's the same comparison I would make with plate R3. Thanks for your report :thumbsup:

I agree with your assessment of plate 3, I think you’ll enjoy plates 4 - 6 more based on your statement that plate 3 didn’t provide as much beard reduction as you would have liked. Nice review!

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed)
-Ray Settanta (in hand testing)
-Gorris (on deck)
-Odenihy (in the hole)

Of those that have participated in this 6S pass around, who has purchased a 6S, 6C, or 2C? Please specify which model you bought.

May 25, 2018 Friday

Shave #2

Plate:
R4
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Maggard Razors 30mm black & white synthetic

The R4 plate gave more audible feedback and blade feel than the R3 plate. Shaved WTG, XTG, and ATG. No buffing or touchups. No cuts or irritation. A nice, easy DFS. It felt like my Gillette Fatboy on setting 3. If I needed a fast shave without regard to very careful technique, plate R4 would be a good choice for me. I would not be hesitant to go to work after this shave or take my wife out for lunch. I am impressed with the smoothness of this razor.

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (completed)
-jldallas (completed)
-Dfoulk (completed)
-kxthor (completed)
-Graydog (completed)
-Grundi (completed)
-Cut Throat (completed)
-Newmania (completed)
-Dave in Ky (completed)
-dezmil (completed)
-JimDandy (completed)
-dmshaver (completed)
-Ray Settanta (in hand testing)
-Gorris (on deck)
-Odenihy (in the hole)
-DeathKnell
-sgarnett

Added a couple more members to the tour. @DeathKnell & @sgarnett as per their request.

May 27, 2018 Sunday

Shave #3

Plate:
R5
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna

Plate R5 handled two day's growth with no problem. WTG, XTG and ATG yielded a comfortable shave with no weepers or irritation. Almost a BBS. Again with no buffing or touchups. The plate seemed to me to have a bigger jump in blade feel between R4 and R5 than from R3 to R4. To me, it shaves somewhat like an Gillette Old Type but smoother.

May 27, 2018 Sunday

Shave #3

Plate:
R5
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna

Plate R5 handled two day's growth with no problem. WTG, XTG and ATG yielded a comfortable shave with no weepers or irritation. Almost a BBS. Again with no buffing or touchups. The plate seemed to me to have a bigger jump in blade feel between R4 and R5 than from R3 to R4. To me, it shaves somewhat like an Gillette Old Type but smoother.

Great review. Once a blade is a few shaves in I graduate from R3 to R4 or R5 (depending on blade) and the results are excellent.

Top Bottom