What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

I have already posted this on the Safety Razor Acquisition thread, but thought it deserved an “airing” here as well, given that I have never seen one before, and the only reference I can find on here for such a razor is well over a decade old.
Clearly inspired by the Gillette Single Ring, but much better built.
British made Monarch.
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_2396.jpeg
IMG_2399.jpeg
IMG_2398.jpeg

OCtober 2023

Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head () - >1930 Segal w/ Personna Lab Blue
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

10/10

Absolutely great shave this morning. Finally into the 1930's with my OC collection.

The Segal needs more attention. If only it could use standard DE blades. But making today's blades fit is pretty easy with cuttlicle scissors. I don't even use a template and it doesn't have to be perfect.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just ordered my first Non-Gillette Vintage razor based on @Cal ’s rating for it. He has it at number one in his SB razors, even ahead of his Athena. He was gracious enough to find one for me at eBay UK and the seller changed the shipping options to include the States.

So what will be showing up in a couple weeks? The Knockout razor, made in Sheffield in the 1930s: NOS. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

I just ordered my first Non-Gillette Vintage razor based on @Cal ’s rating for it. He has it at number one in his SB razors, even ahead of his Athena.
No, Kim. It's a (CC) Closed Comb razor.

Here are my (current) top three CC razors:
1. Knockout
2. Phoenix Quantum Alpha (on a lightweight handle)
3. Lambda Athena

Here are my (current) top three SB razors:
1. Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
2. Baili BT131
3. Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25

and finally
Here are my (current) top three OC razors:
1. SS Blackland Blackbird OC
2. Gillette NEW RFB
3. Yaqi Duomo
So what will be showing up in a couple weeks? The Knockout razor, made in Sheffield in the 1930s: NOS. I’m looking forward to trying it out.
The seller has given a guesstimated date. TMK they were produced in 1947.

Top Bottom