What's new

The Nib Acquisitions for 2024.

Today I accepted delivery of a Parker 51 in black.
tempImageeGR27J.png

I picked up a Kaweco Sport in the burgundy wine color, with an EF nib. Beautiful! Only issue I have with it is the cartridge can pop off if you drop it (when I took it out of the box the cartridge had comne of and flooded the inside of the pen). I have a hack for that I will install later today - a spring from an old ball point.

I would really like to pick up a TWSBI Swipe - that Prussian Blue is really pretty, and it's a great price point, too.

I picked up the new Shaefer Icon in the blue and black, with a medium nib.

View attachment 1835706

I also snagged a bottle of the new Lamy Dark Lilac ink as well as a bottle of Ferris Wheel Press Aurorealis.
I really like the look of the Icon, but have been a bit leery of buying recently produced Sheaffers. How does it perform?
Sheaffer Black Fat Touchdown. Not sure if there was a specific model name for this pen. It has a Triumph Nib. I will be inking it with Diamine Pelham Blue. I should note this is my first broad nib, and, I like it a lot.

View attachment 1839637
Vintage Sheaffers are wonderful. I've never had one of their broad nibs though. I'm sure it's butter smooth.

I really like the look of the Icon, but have been a bit leery of buying recently produced Sheaffers. How does it perform?

I like it over all so far. It has a great weight and feel in my hand. Mine writes a bit on the drier side with the medium nib, so inks that dry faster don't do as well in it as something with a longer dry time, which is fine, cause I have several inks that I got tired of smearing that I stopped using due to that, which work great in this pen (Black Swan in Austria Rose, I'm looking at you ...).

Top Bottom