What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Your choice my friend, even starting from March for the whole month no prob. Im always more than happy to shave in all manners with Italian Stuff!

I have been trying to decide on a March theme and it has been too long since a 100% Italian theme!

I'm not 1Cal, but I could get in on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All are welcome here! That was a wink to 1Cal because we have been talking about a March SOTM and we are both Fatip Fanatics. Stay tuned for a March theme and please do feel free to post your ideas!

Hello guys, I can be with you all the month with Fatip Testina Gentile for sure. Not sure if the whole month with an all italian SOTM since I'm going here still an all italian month.
Let's see from my side.

WHats will be your soap choice in any case?

SOTD 15 February 2017
Year 1 Week 29 Day 3

Saponificio Varesino days continues with a gorgeous 70esimo shave!

Preshave again with Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter. Probably today I set a little more ...

Saponificio Varesino 70esimo is the one you can't miss for any reason. Scent is a sparkly mix of happiness and the lather is fantastic.

The Sir Omega Barberpole made its duty flawlessly. Lovely and so elegant.

black velvet sniper the Fatip Testina Gentile and Bolzano Day 3. Nothing more than a really pleasant shave.

Ending great with a matching Saponificio Varesino 70esimo. Wonderful touch of elegance ready to go.

Pre: hot shower and Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter
Brush: Omega Barberpole Hi Brush
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile Metal Black
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (3)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70esimo
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70esimo Aftershave

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

Hey 1Cal, how about a March Fixed Four Italian theme?
My "Fixed 4 for March" will have some Italian ingredients, but not all Steve. I'll put the thread up this weekend to the give folk that want to join about ten days to decide on their "Fixed 4." (I'll put a link to it on this thread.)

I'm not 1Cal, but I could get in on that.
You'll be very welcome, and obviously you can make it as Italian (or otherwise) as you please. :thumbup1:

SOTD

An excellent (75% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Preshave: Splash of warm water on face
Brush: Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Cella
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Polsilver SI (15)
Postshave: Splash of cool water on face

upload_2017-2-15_23-20-1.png
:001_wub:

I hadn't realized how much I'd missed my first love, the Fatip Piccolo (ma wee sojer). This was one very happy reunion, ending BBS of course.
I wouldn't have expected anything else. :biggrin1:

SOTD 16 February 2017
Year 1 Week 29 Day 4

Saponificio Varesino days continues with the italian fern of Felce Aromatica!

Using today again the Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter as preshave. Well the butter works, and protects the skin so well.

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica is probably the best italian fern you can find. In addition the stunning lather and performance that you can expect from this brand.

The big Omega 98 is used heavily against the SOTD that is a triple milled soap. Lather at full throttle.

Fatip Testina Gentile and Bolzano Day 4. Probably the blade is going to show that is not fresh and today the shave was a little less close.

The strong Denim River aftershave matched with Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter perfectly. Burn and Quench. Strong and soothing routine indeed.

Pre: hot shower and Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter
Brush: Omega 98
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile Metal Black
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (4)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Aftershave: Denim River Aftershave / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

I am enjoying the All Italian shaves. Yesterday was the all green Proraso- soap, splash, & balm, with the Omega S brush & the Fatip Gentile. Today, the Fatip Gentile with Cella, a big aluminium handled Zenith boar, Vitos Aftershaving, & Proraso blue balm. The blue balm is my fave. I have the blue Proraso cream, but I wish Proraso would make soap in the blue. Great scent.

My "Fixed 4 for March" will have some Italian ingredients, but not all Steve. I'll put the thread up this weekend to the give folk that want to join about ten days to decide on their "Fixed 4." (I'll put a link to it on this thread.)

You'll be very welcome, and obviously you can make it as Italian (or otherwise) as you please. :thumbup1:

I searched for the thread, no dice. If you could post a link that'd be great.

I searched for the thread, no dice. If you could post a link that'd be great.
Like I said "I'll put the thread up this weekend" (followed by a link on this thread). :wink2:

SOTD

Another excellent (75% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Preshave: Splash of warm water on face
Brush: Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Cella
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Polsilver SI (16)
Postshave: Splash of cool water on face
upload_2017-2-16_23-48-39.png
:001_wub:
Exactly the same set-up as yesterday (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). :punk:

I'll do a fixed Italian month with everything but the blade. I don't have any Bolzanos, but where I have about 1200 other great blades (& I'm on restraint) I'm not buying any. I'm happy to use my Gentile, an Omega, and Proraso for a month however.

proxy.php

I just checked and I have 1 Bolzano left. I am trying to do the One Blade in February Challenge and I am 13 shaves on a Polsilver Super Iridium. I don't think I want to try a month on a Bolzano but I will at least start the month and see how it goes. What is your shave for Narch?

I just checked and I have 1 Bolzano left. I am trying to do the One Blade in February Challenge and I am 13 shaves on a Polsilver Super Iridium. I don't think I want to try a month on a Bolzano but I will at least start the month and see how it goes. What is your shave for Narch?

Well I have my brush and razor all set, but there's a lot of hand wringing going on over the soap and AS selection. I just got a decent pretty much all Italian haul from IB, so I can't decide.
proxy.php

Have any suggestions?

Top Bottom