What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

[MENTION=50233]SteveWY[/MENTION] all as said from [MENTION=105362]Gott543[/MENTION]

Unrefined shea butter preferably and that viscous texture like bearing greas, correct, from Lanoline.
You can play if you want more shea butter (it will become a little harder) or a little softer as my recipe.
They are gift from nature and you will notice how good your face will feel for the whole day.
it's also a natural anti-age my friend. But you're looking so nice that you won't needed :)

Scents or EO as wish, follow instructions. I like it raw as is so to not interfere with any aftershave but it's up to you!

SOTD 6 February 2017
Year 1 Week 28 Day 1

Starting good with a Proraso days! Monday the Proraso White, refreshing pre shave.

Proraso white soap is a solid staple ( as all Proraso stuff obviously) and I can't think my life without it.
Slightly herbal and citrusy but fresh. Loading my way and I have a thick whipped creamy lather. So good!

I can say definitely that synthetic brushes have something more than any other kind of brush for lathering and the bigger the better IMO

Choose SOTD and my lovely whole blade razor pops up! Universal Whole blade shavette loaded with a fresh Bolzano. So close!

Fresh classic super evergreen with the Proraso Magic Potion. I looooove it!

Pre: hot shower and Proraso White Pre shave
Brush: Omega S10108
Razor: Universal Whole Blade Shavette
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (1)
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Proraso Splash

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

SOTD 7 February 2017
Year 1 Week 28 Day 2

Proraso days go ahead. Today the elegant Proraso Blue. Elegant like a breeze over the sea. Starting with a fresh touch of Green Preshave.

Proraso Blue Cream is elegant and rich. I usually load with a good inch or so over my brush and then lather.
Smell fantastic fresh and classy and lathers beautifully. Razor glides and love the post shave feel. Just use it a lot!

The Italian Flag from Omega is the Grandfather with a nice suit for he special occasions. Said that it's perfect everyday. Like today.

Universal Whole blade shavette the barbers choice is heavy enough to fly over the skin flattening everything in two passes. My love.

Ending with obviously the green splash from Proraso! Fresh moisturizing and calming. Classy scent indeed.

Pre: hot shower and Proraso White Green shave
Brush: Omega Italian Flag Boar
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (2)
Soap: Proraso Blu

proxy.php

SOTD 8 February 2017
Year 1 Week 28 Day 3

Proraso day 3. The classic real superdupa all green evergreen Italian shave. Bar none.
I'm speechless.

Pre: hot shower and Proraso Green shave
Brush: Omega Italian Flag Boar
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (3)
Soap: Proraso Green Tub

proxy.php

SOTD

Into the second week in February with an (25% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Preshave: Splash of warm water on face
Brush: Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap "Original Vetyver"
Razor: Gillette Old Type head on Fat Tech handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (8)
Postshave: Splash of cool water on face
upload_2017-2-9_2-23-31.png

This soap is really fabulous... though I must admit I'm still getting used to its scent. :laugh:

So I finally figured out how to upload pics but my ipad is at work & I'm at home. I'll start adding them at the weekend. I've been using all Italian products each day since the 1st with the exception of blades. I'm also counting my Floid Amber "The Genuine" as Italian even though its now made in Espana. I could be forever happy using that splash, Proraso splash, and Vitos Aftershaving for the rest of my life, and let's not forget Figaro Monsieur Gold, the one I like to call "The Italian Skin Bracer." Vitos might be my fave scent of any aftershave. It doesn't get much attention in North America, but it should. A few drops of Proraso green or blue balm restore the moisture to my face so I'm ready to face these winter mornings. Proraso green soap and Cella are both a pleasure to use, and the Fatip Gentile is great for daily shaving, while the Grande is perfect for Sunday after skipping a shave on Saturday. My Zenith boars and synths are emerging as winners; if you don't have one or two you're missing a treat. TVB Shaving has an excellent selection of Zeniths. My Omega S brushes and Omega 49 are happy to share the field with them. I must say I really am enjoying the chance to commit myself to Italian products this month.

Thats very fantastic to hear how much you're enjoying this all Italian month!

Me too

So...

SOTD 9 February 2017
Year 1 Week 28 Day 4

Proraso day 4. The richest in Proraso line with the outstanding sandalwood scent.

Pre: hot shower and Proraso Red shave
Brush: Omega 49
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (4)
Soap: Proraso Red Tub

proxy.php

Feb 10: All-Italian Fatip Friday

Lather: Valobra Crema di Sapone Purissima
Brush: Omega B&B Essential Boar (green sea-foam)
Razor: Fatip Piccolo (v1)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless [49]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Dopo Barba

I almost forgot to use the Fatip today - I had already loaded up the Old Type and was ready to start lathering up when I realized. I quickly swapped razors and even made an effort to take an SOTD picture.

It took longer than usual to fiddle with the blade alignment to get it just right because I haven't used this razor in months and am out of practice. While this is a very efficient razor, it's not what anyone would classify as "smooth". It's not uncomfortable by any means, but equally aggressive razors like the Wardonia, iKon Tech and Rapira Platinum Lux are much smoother.

The Valobra almond performed flawlessly. This was the first time I loaded it from a tub, having transferred the block into an empty Stirling tin last night. All previous uses were sample-style, smearing a thin layer in a salsa bowl and loading from there. This is not what I consider a soap, or even a croap. It's more of a cream than anything else, softer even than Proraso or Santa Maria del Fiore. I don't have Cade Rich or Castle Forbes to compare it to but I assume it's at least that soft.

proxy.php

Ciao! I have been traveling all week and at the same time as trying to navigate the new forum look and features. I will catch up eventually.

I am still in with my February SOTM. Loving my PannaCrema soap and Omega brush shaves. 9 days on my Polsilver SI and still with my Fatboy all month except the 3 days I was on the road this week.

SOTD

A wonderful (50% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Preshave: Splash of warm water on face
Brush: Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Cella
Razor: Gillette Old Type head on Fat Tech handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (12)
Postshave: Splash of cool water on face
upload_2017-2-12_23-22-12.png

I had to go back to Cella today. I just love that marzipan scent too much. :001_wub:

Hi Cal. It appears our shaves are similar this month, 50/50 Italian anyway! I am still hanging with my Gillette Adjustable, Polsilver SI blade (10), PannaCrema soap, and Omega brush. Today I went with PannaCrema Vetiver. Oh how I love Vetiver!

For you Vetiver aficionados soon there will be a stunning Vetiver soap made in Sicily with my collaboration. There's a new artisan around the block that makes fantastic shaving creams with fine ingredients and even some very interesting ingredients you never heard that makes this shaving cream unique...

SOTD 12 February 2017
Year 1 Week 29 Day 1

Starting another week with the wonderful Saponifici Varesino days.

Preshave with Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter. Probably more than a Preshave it's like a beauty mask!

I probably wrote many times that in my opinion Saponificio Varesino probably makes the best soaps in the world. Cosmo is Stellar.

The scannatassi is a specific boat to make a super duper lather easily. Really. Just need a warm soak and it will ignite the lather machine.

This whole week will be with Fatip Testina Gentile. This is not a gentle razor as the name will suggest. It its a little milder and still killing effective.

Ending classic with my favorite Floid amber made in Italy and the great Illipe Butter from a Saponificio Varesino.

Pre: hot shower and Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter
Brush: Omega 20102 the "scannatassi"
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile Metal Black
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (1)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Aftershave: Floid Amber Made in Italy / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

For you Vetiver aficionados soon there will be a stunning Vetiver soap made in Sicily with my collaboration. There's a new artisan around the block that makes fantastic shaving creams with fine ingredients and even some very interesting ingredients you never heard that makes this shaving cream unique...

Oh please tell us more! What is the company brand, when and how can we sample? Is it a cream, soap, or soft soap?

Mostho, I forgot you had a Testina. I have the same model, black chrome. How about we do a week or month Testina Gentile shave and review???

Oh please tell us more! What is the company brand, when and how can we sample? Is it a cream, soap, or soft soap?

Well there is an artisan in Sicily well known in the italian shaving forum that makes buhand exceptional shaving creams.
I asked for a Vetiver one since it was not in its small catalogue and I helped a bit with some things.
He hitted the nail.
Now he have also a fantastic Tobacco cream, and its rose is really stunning.

Stay tuned!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Mostho, I forgot you had a Testina. I have the same model, black chrome. How about we do a week or month Testina Gentile shave and review???

Your choice my friend, even starting from March for the whole month no prob. Im always more than happy to shave in all manners with Italian Stuff!

SOTD 14 February 2017
Year 1 Week 29 Day 2

Saponificio Varesino days continues with a gorgeous S.Valentino shave!

Preshave with Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter. A little is needed. Skin is velvety.

Manna di Sicilia comes from the warm south to soothe all world wide shaves. Thanks to Saponificio Varesino I had a wonderful shave

The Omega 2012 aka scannatassi again today for a warm rich lather. Can't beat it!

Continuing today with my black velvet sniper the Fatip Testina Gentile. Bolzano. Made Day 2 and the shave is even smoother still so close three passes.

Manna leaves a stunning post shave but I can't leave the bathroom without a strong splash from denim aftershave and a lentil of Illipe Butter.

Pre: hot shower and Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter
Brush: Omega 20102 the "scannatassi"
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile Metal Black
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (2)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Aftershave: Denim Raw Passion / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

Well there is an artisan in Sicily well known in the italian shaving forum that makes buhand exceptional shaving creams.
I asked for a Vetiver one since it was not in its small catalogue and I helped a bit with some things.
He hitted the nail.
Now he have also a fantastic Tobacco cream, and its rose is really stunning.
Please keep us posted. I would love to try the tobacco!

Top Bottom