What's new

The Great Debate: Allen Edmonds vs Alden

821D268F-9440-4EF4-BF81-0336A65997B6.jpeg
My only pair of dress/casual boots, AE Odenwalds, made with black chromexcel leather. Man I wish my Navy boondockers felt like this! Soft yet firm. I’ve been waiting an eternity to resole them, but I live in AZ and don’t wear them much except when I travel to cooler climates. They will be getting new Dainite rubber soles when that day comes. Wonderful boot!

The Alden’s I purchased in SF last week.
Thought I’d take a pic before I thrash the soles. Wearing these around the house today for break in. The Alden cordavans I bought last week were on the stiff side, but nothing like these calf skins. It’s been awhile since I bought my last pair of AE’s, but I don’t remember them being this stiff.

9293C1C4-C125-4974-9187-21377B1CF3B9.jpeg

Last edited:
OP, have ye any updates?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Good question. This thread is so long-lived even I now own a pair of Allen Edmonds. In fact, if I want to go to a convenient brick-and-mortar store and try on men's business shoes, they are really the only choice left at this point.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I purchased a pair of Indy boots about 6 years ago and they still look the same as they did after one month. I'd be hard pressed to give a progress report as well. Maybe in 15 years?

I've got around 10 pairs of AEs and don't own or know anything about Aldens. So my very scientific study says that AE is the best :cool:. Gonna have to check out Aldens now though...

AE are nice if you are lucky to get a pair without QC issues. Alden’s are superior in every way, well worth the extra money.

Alden Indy boot in CXL. Fits like glove. I have the same boot in Cordovan and the CXL feels better I think.
Love my Indy boots as well. I’ve had them for about 6 years now and they are simply amazing. Super comfortable can wear them all day with no issues.

Top Bottom