What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 5 (Signup + the round) CTB5

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The Vie Long is indeed a horsie. The Clubman milk is an aftershave product; milk is not as thick as a balm. The base recipe is in my sig.
Just to preserve this mixture in time... Your signature reads:

rockviper' signature said:
Clubman milk: Clubman, Nivea balm, Old Spice and whatever other clear AS with scents you think might work

Any hints on the other clear AS that might be mixed in?

I'm guessing it's a 1 for 1 ratio?

Luc

Staff member
I just noticed it's a 75ml bottle of Old Spice "Fresh Scent". So, not the "Classic" and not the one I have "Pure Sport". I tried to search the Oldspice website (oldpsice.com) and they are not even listing the Fresh Scent or Pure Sport. Even the Old Spice store on Amazon.ca is missing stuff (or it was discontinued). This seems to be the same story for multiple products lately...

Anyway, my bottle is 188ml. I don't know if it's anything related to getting old or what but I noticed that my AS Splash has been a bit drying lately. I might need to mix them with a balm... Nivea Sensitive Balm might be the ticket... I'll stop rambling here...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Just to preserve this mixture in time... Your signature reads:

Any hints on the other clear AS that might be mixed in?

I'm guessing it's a 1 for 1 ratio?

It's about 50% Clubman, 25% Nivea Balm and then a dump of odds and ends. Stetson AS went into this as well. I say "clear," as AV or Mennen will change the milk's colour and, well, then it wouldn't look like milk at that point anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Luc

Staff member
It's about 50% Clubman, 25% Nivea Balm and then a dump of odds and ends. Stetson AS went into this as well. I say "clear," as AV or Mennen will change the milk's colour and, well, then it wouldn't look like milk at that point anymore. 🤷‍♂️
I'm surprised that Clubman doesn't influence the color of the mixture considering it's 50% (give or take) of the bottle...

I will try it for sure when the box comes back to me if there's some left!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Forth shave, the load out:

8E8FB1FB-B902-4B9A-9DCB-8A0235E36388.jpeg

Wasn't planning on the Clubman Milk nor the Vie Long, but they caught my eye... here's the Vie Long horse hair brush in action:

FC24B7EE-B5E2-45D9-9C29-EAA631D7543E.jpeg

That handle is quite nice eh? You can pinch grip it and it almost becomes whisk like as it whisked up the musgo. A close up of the bristles:

D50F47C1-574A-4C92-B40D-8CCC6A51274B.jpeg

On the face it is soft! Pleasantly surprised... its not Silvertip soft, but its soft... not dense yet not sparse... it holds up. Wow... this is pretty good.. is horse hair like boar where it needs a bit of a break in/split tips time? Two passes and of course the musgo performed well.

The Clubman Milk! Full disclosure I am not an aftershave person, so this is really my first time using any. Sorta... splash it on my cheeks... a light scent... its.. nice, I was expecting clashy bc of all the diff potions.. but its a nice sweet smell. Sitting here... my face feels... like it's been powdered by baby powder. Its not... not really moisturized feeling perse, but its more... yeh a powdery/silky feel. Neat! I've never used aftershaves before... this was neat. The smell lingers.

I feel like after using the milk and horse hair, it makes me wanna learn more about horse bristle.. aftershave... my wife is scent sensitive so we'll see.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Sorry life got in the way to post last night, but last nights load out:

thumbnail_IMG_5448.jpg

For some reason I have been having boar brush on the mind, this one, the Connaught Jade, I actually had placed out of the rotation because it was prickly. Giving it one last go..., and finally the Gada cream to try.

Here is the Gada cream in the bowl:

thumbnail_IMG_5449.jpg

Soaked up the boar, and took it for a whip:

thumbnail_IMG_5450.jpg

And like the Lea and Musgo before it, it performed really well, easy to lather and made a slick layer that was great for shaving. The boar? I... didn't detect prickly this time? Weird. I swore it was in there... maybe it was the menthol that sorta hid it? Not sure... still going to look at some Zenith's, reading on the forums here they seem to really get good reviews.

And that's sorta it in terms of things I wanted to try from the box, I still have the rest of the week with it so I'll give it a gander and see if there was anything else, there's a -lot- of stuff in there. A new, bigger box will be needed for sure. It's not moving yet, but I'm just mentally working ahead... @mcee_sharp I believe you are next on the list? Let me know if that is still the case and I will send a dm asking for the nesc info, again just looking ahead. I will continue to post updates, prob three more this week (box acquisition/my adds and takes/one last look).

Oh one more thing, I think I'm ok to be taken off the list for a second go around at this point @Luc . Not a reflection of my experience, this was a blast and I'm in for a future/new iteration, but right now i'm more in a we'll kinda see as it goes as it travels? Please and thank you.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Sorry guys, felt funny last night and decided to call in sick.. turned out to be the right call as I'm very sick. No worries, I'll just skip my last shave and pick up a box tomorrow and hopefully not have any delay. I'm guessing I'll have the box out the door early next week (we're traveling over the long weekend).

Just curious, how did you guys get the aftershave into the hotsauce bottles? Its constricted to make it drip slowly?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@linty1 A blunt tip syringe is excellent for this and can be picked up at the pharmacy. Many of us that use fountain pens use one for refilling cartridges.

I have a small funnel that worked well for the "baby" Old Spice bottle's opening.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Sorry guys, felt funny last night and decided to call in sick.. turned out to be the right call as I'm very sick. No worries, I'll just skip my last shave and pick up a box tomorrow and hopefully not have any delay. I'm guessing I'll have the box out the door early next week (we're traveling over the long weekend).

Just curious, how did you guys get the aftershave into the hotsauce bottles? Its constricted to make it drip slowly?
Hope you kick the sick's butt!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Being sick gave me some time to think about adds and takes... and I have decided on the following, please let me know if anything is amiss/off:

thumbnail_IMG_5456.jpg

Takes: Lea sensitive, and the clubman milk

Put ins: Cella cream , a pack of Polsilver blades, and a "Bevel" razor.

The Lea was a moby dick of mine and it performed well, and the Clubman milk, even though I'm not huge on after shaves, this one felt really good on my face and the bottle is hard to put down. My put ins were Cella, an almond/marzipan smelling cream, performs really well/easy to use, a pack of Polsilver blades, and a "Bevel" razor, claims to cut down on facial blemishes based on how it was designed etc. I didn't really notice anything but maybe someone else will find it useful?

I'll grab a box for it on Thurs, and pack it up over the Easter weekend, as time permits.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Not really sure where to post this, but this was tonights shave:

7EB4E50B-E3D8-48D7-B817-A0B802C36B41.jpeg

A new razor, the Henson in medium, gsb blade, back to the latherless/brushless cream, and Clubman Milk! I feel almost bad for taking this as other won't be able to try this, as a non user of aftershave, this has really grown quickly on me. Face so silky smooth, and a little "dorb" goes a long way. You really @rockviper got something here eh? Makes me want to try more.. I have an eye on the "Seaforth Sea Lime" aftershave, as I like citrus scents.. but this is 110% a "use one, finish it" before buying another sorta thing. I simply don't have room/space for bottles lying around.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Alright bit of a sad day for me/fun with the box ends, but here's sorta everything before sendin it off,

22A2BCAB-48CF-498E-908A-669F1D5D0495.jpeg

The epsilon (cracked lid) I taped best I could and then put it into a ziplock. Taking it out was an option but I have no use for it and it would be wasted. Its a tight fit and thats the idea, so it all moves as one unit. The stuff you see outside the tupperware wouldn't fit, and was chosen as they can tske a bump or two:

2107FF51-4CEF-470B-99E5-832618418D0E.jpeg

Which ended up working out nicely as it wedged the tupperware tight against the box. The cella box wouldn't fit, so I took the box off and slid it down the side.

BBE84673-DEEE-45AF-B753-3A10905F7C00.jpeg

A little newspaper to sorta fill it up and

A15A4146-04E4-4D16-A030-4681A83B539D.jpeg

there she is! All sealed up and ready to be dropped off. I will drop it of Tuesday after work. Will dm @Luc and @mcee_sharp after I hit send here with Label/tracking number.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hello all, just wanted to let eveyone know the box was dropped off at the Canada Post about half an hour ago, tracking number: GD324650180CA

@rockviper I saw your ping on the grume post, just picking up my kid and running errands, will reply when have more time to do it justice

Top Bottom