What's new

The Dark Side of Corn Huskers Lotion

Which reminds me...I looked at the label of my Proraso Pre this morning while in the shower, and it just may be the most toxic substance known to man:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Camphor, Eucalyptus globulus, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Cetearyl Alchol, Eucalyptol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Same 4 in the cream. I have my doubts as to weather this is what causes the tingle. :lol:

My (serious) two cents is this: where natural substitutes that work well exist, or where you can do without artificial chemicals, great -- there should be no use of artificial chemicals where you don't need to use them: companies make great shaving soaps and creams without Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate and Yellow #5, for instance, so using them is sort of "cheating" in my book. I prefer natural products, free of manmade compounds where practicable. So, too, would I prefer my milk without dioxin or PCBs, thanks. But if cooking steak over charcoal introduces some carcinogens, well, don't eat steak that often and enjoy it when you cook it.

But neither should we look to lives without interferon, neosporin or triclosan. And if the very inexpensive Cornhusker's lotion makes your life more bearable -- especially if you can't afford the expensive stuff -- it has a place on retail shelves, too.

Redd Foxx had a great line that captures one side of this argument: "Healthy people are gonna feel stupid someday, lyin' in bed, dying of nothin'."

We're all mortal. Be smart but enjoy the ride.

1 drop of essential oil to 8 Tblsp of Corn Huskers = (Major Brand) Skin Food on the skinny. And it smells better than bacon grease! :tongue_sm

Which reminds me...I looked at the label of my Proraso Pre this morning while in the shower, and it just may be the most toxic substance known to man:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Camphor, Eucalyptus globulus, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Cetearyl Alchol, Eucalyptol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

You aren't plastering the shave cream on your face and leaving it to stay on your face and get absorbed over time. The brief time the shave cream is on your face espcially in the shower won't leave any traces.

This is a documentary about a man that used too much Corn Huskers and Proraso:

proxy.php

Top Bottom