What's new

The Dark Side of Corn Huskers Lotion

Its pretty obvious in looking at the time of these posts that many ofus are goofing off at work. At least I am.

I like to dip fried bacon in a blob of Corn Huskers. That there's good eatin'.

OK ClubMan Rob....'splain this:

proxy.php

I use it as a pre/post. Kind of like Proraso, but tastier.

Bacon is organic

So is nightshade, cobra venom, coal, hemlock... :smile:

My (serious) two cents is this: where natural substitutes that work well exist, or where you can do without artificial chemicals, great -- there should be no use of artificial chemicals where you don't need to use them: companies make great shaving soaps and creams without Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate and Yellow #5, for instance, so using them is sort of "cheating" in my book. I prefer natural products, free of manmade compounds where practicable. So, too, would I prefer my milk without dioxin or PCBs, thanks. But if cooking steak over charcoal introduces some carcinogens, well, don't eat steak that often and enjoy it when you cook it.

But neither should we look to lives without interferon, neosporin or triclosan. And if the very inexpensive Cornhusker's lotion makes your life more bearable -- especially if you can't afford the expensive stuff -- it has a place on retail shelves, too.

Redd Foxx had a great line that captures one side of this argument: "Healthy people are gonna feel stupid someday, lyin' in bed, dying of nothin'."

We're all mortal. Be smart but enjoy the ride.

My (serious) two cents is this: where natural substitutes that work well exist, or where you can do without artificial chemicals, great -- there should be no use of artificial chemicals where you don't need to use them: companies make great shaving soaps and creams without Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate and Yellow #5, for instance, so using them is sort of "cheating" in my book. I prefer natural products, free of manmade compounds where practicable. So, too, would I prefer my milk without dioxin or PCBs, thanks. But if cooking steak over charcoal introduces some carcinogens, well, don't eat steak that often and enjoy it when you cook it.
Maybe, but you're forgetting there is a reason those so-called artificial chemicals get used: they're cheap compared to some 'natural' chemical that has to be extracted. Cheaper is not necessarily better for the consumer, but it does help the company's bottom line.

OK ClubMan Rob....'splain this:

proxy.php

I use it as a pre/post. Kind of like Proraso, but tastier.

There's no need for an explanation. It's bacon, but in a spread. I think the tag line for this is: "Baconnaise, when you absolutely have lost your damned mind." :lol:

So is nightshade, cobra venom, coal, hemlock... :smile:

My (serious) two cents is this: where natural substitutes that work well exist, or where you can do without artificial chemicals, great -- there should be no use of artificial chemicals where you don't need to use them:

Depending on what side of the fence you sit on, you can make the same argument for man-made compounds. I personally know what Luaryl Sulfate and Yellow #5 are and how they react with my skin, because they're found in nearly every cosmetic product I use. However, I have no idea what taurinated extract of guano is nor how it will react with me, so I'll save a little cash and go with the Aqua Velva.

There's no need for an explanation. It's bacon, but in a spread. I think the tag line for this is: "Baconnaise, when you absolutely have lost your damned mind." :lol:

I thought it was: "Baconnaise, when absolutely need more bacon with your bacon." :biggrin:

Depending on what side of the fence you sit on, you can make the same argument for man-made compounds. I personally know what Luaryl Sulfate and Yellow #5 are and how they react with my skin, because they're found in nearly every cosmetic product I use. However, I have no idea what taurinated extract of guano is nor how it will react with me, so I'll save a little cash and go with the Aqua Velva.

What's wrong with guano? It's...err...natural... :wink:

No, you have a point. The whole natural/artificial debate is more or less marketing hype. The line between the two has long since been blurred when comes to processing chemicals.

Methyl paraben fails my toxicity test, the LD50 is 175 grams (for me).

if you were to put that in a gun and shoot me, it'd me more likely to kill me from blunt trauma than toxicity.

Hell, you could put that in a sock and beat me to death about as easily.

Now compare that with something really toxic, lets say botulism toxin.

My LD50 for that stuff is 9.13 × 10-8 grams,

Now THATS toxic

Whatever happened to the person who instigated this thread? I hope they saw this as it was and laughed with us.

Back to the confit........do you add a teaspoon of cornhuskers? After all, isn't this a cooking with cornhuskers thread?

So we should use bacon fat for Pre/Post shave conditioner?

Which reminds me...I looked at the label of my Proraso Pre this morning while in the shower, and it just may be the most toxic substance known to man:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Camphor, Eucalyptus globulus, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Cetearyl Alchol, Eucalyptol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Top Bottom