The Daily Double

Weird DOC/SLOC double...
IMG_5638.jpeg
IMG_5640.jpeg

Side-by-side shared blade test
Yaqi SLOC Mellon beat PAA Original DOC
So there. Surprised me.

Back to 'slightly normal'

A.W. Wadsworth & Son XLNT (fake English sounding cutler)

Federal Stainless Steel OC from the 1930s
IMG_5649.jpeg

Not a bad shave, considering the two marginal razors I picked out. And the vintage nylon knot!

Spike, did you say "Spike"?

Spike and MMOC / Gem PTFE (7)
IMG_5682.jpeg

And the last in a series of really terrible nylon knots. I am steeling myself to re-knot them in boar.

The Spike was excellent, as always. MMOC sideways over hill and dale on my neck.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday + daily double , November 27 2023

Razor : (L) Ever-Ready Streamline SE, 2nd generation , Mfg 1949-53, mid upper range. well made to last generations, this razor seems to like a slight Steep angle & a RIGS shim to smooth it out. I like to use it when blade count gets higher to take advantage of its blade feel. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Razor : (R)Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale SSP handle 4th use, Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range. Small head parts make for a nimble shave, clamping is great and uses my Schick proline blades. Machining and finish are excellent and happy using my favorite standard Schick P30 blades. The razor will give a BBS with it even being on the milder side. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE blade (9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Blade : Schick Proline p30 (2)- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. One of favorite AC type blades
Soap :Speick stick- nice mild spicy scented soap with excellent lather qualities. Excellent hard soap(triple milled).
Brush : Yaqi " Barber pole" 24 mm 2 band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda cologne after shave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : (L razor) Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Ever-Ready Streamline with a gem coated blade. Nice razor that takes a few tries to dial in I found when first purchased has been my experience.
Results : (R razor) Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17: Had a nice close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SSP SE AC type razor with a Schick proline blade. Using audio feedback and neutral angle the little razor performs great.
SOTD November 27 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom