What's new

The Boxing Thread

I am convinced he has a cold, flu, or something like that. He didn't look good at his final press conference,the weigh in,and definitely not in the fight. His jab wasn't there, and his accuracy was way off from the start. I think it was in the third that he got hammered regularly by Kell. Hats off to Brook for training hard,giving his best and above all having the stones to get in there with Golovkin when many real middleweights do not. I hope Brook goes to 154 and goes after Alvarez (I'll bet he's wishing he fought Golovkin tonight). I also thought Brook deserved more time before his corner stopped the fight.
GGG proved that real champions still win on their bad nights

A smart stoppage by Brooks' corner, if he had a broken eye socket. GGG has too much power in his punches to be in there trading blows with him when you have a broken bone in your face.

Golovkin is going to run out of opponents. If he gets past Jacobs and Saunders next year, who is left that is brave enough to climb in the ring with him?

Eubank Jr. is the only other one I can think of but his father has been described as nearly impossible to negotiate with. I'll bet Alvarez and Eubank were watching and wishing they had that fight last night. That was an off night for Golovkin.

Alvarez is going to do the same thing to Golovkin that Mayweather did to Pacquio - dodge and duck a fight until age robs some power and speed from the other guy. Heck, it may already be happening; they deny any problems with GGG's health last night, but he was clearly off a bit. Alvarez will wait for Father Time to be in his corner.

I hope an aging GGG knocks Alvarez's block off if they ever fight. And speaking of Pacquio, he was apparently calling Mayweather out for a rematch a few days ago. I'd like to see him put Mayweather down, if they fight.

I agree with you on Alvarez. Boxing is leaving him behind. He beat on his chest and challenged GGG in the ring. The next thing you know he surrendered the title. Since he did that I have lost interest in him. The only way to get their attention is for us fans to boycot their fights . I am boycotting the Alvarez fight . If enough of us do it will sure get their attention. I hope his opponent KOs Alvarez. If he wins I hope Brook gets hold of him. I have alot of respect for Brook for working hard and having the courage to get in there with GGG.
As for Mayweather, I think he is done in the ring. Too many cars,too many hangers on,and too much money. We will have to put up with him when he promotes his young fighters, though. I also hope Pac flattens Mayweather. I just don't think it will happen.

Last edited:
I am convinced he has a cold, flu, or something like that. He didn't look good at his final press conference,the weigh in,and definitely not in the fight. His jab wasn't there, and his accuracy was way off from the start. I think it was in the third that he got hammered regularly by Kell. Hats off to Brook for training hard,giving his best and above all having the stones to get in there with Golovkin when many real middleweights do not. I hope Brook goes to 154 and goes after Alvarez (I'll bet he's wishing he fought Golovkin tonight). I also thought Brook deserved more time before his corner stopped the fight.
GGG proved that real champions still win on their bad nights

I thought he could have gone longer also, but if it's true that his eye socked was broken then they were right not to take a chance on additional damage.

Both of us were looking at Brook at the time they stopped the fight. At that time he looked like his eye was bothering him but not enough to stop the fight and take away his chance to win. His corner probably knew it was more serious when they put the towel over his head when he was in the corner . Knowing this I also think they were right to stop it when they did. I think Brook is a man's man for taking the fight and giving his best. I did not know that much about him prior to this but from now on he is in my stable of top fighters to follow. I hope he goes to 154 and cleans house. DeLaHoya and Alvarez now have one more fighter to deal with.

I'm rooting hard for Fury in this one. I'm absolutely sick of the Klitschkos and hope they ride off into the sunset with plenty of Russian Mafia money and whatever Hollywood B List actresses are the flavor of the month, never to be seen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The heavyweight division could stand a solid shakeup. If Fury wins ,which is not a given,this would open the door for more interesting fights. The one that no one seems to be paying attention to is Ortiz. I think he may be the sleeping giant if he keeps his head on straight and doesn't have the incompetent management Rigo does. Joshua, Wilder, and Haye can add some zip too. Vlad and Vitale have had their run. I am ready to bid them farewell and best wishes for a nice retirement but I don't make those decisions..... the ring does.

The heavyweight division could stand a solid shakeup. If Fury wins ,which is not a given,this would open the door for more interesting fights. The one that no one seems to be paying attention to is Ortiz. I think he may be the sleeping giant if he keeps his head on straight and doesn't have the incompetent management Rigo does. Joshua, Wilder, and Haye can add some zip too. Vlad and Vitale have had their run. I am ready to bid them farewell and best wishes for a nice retirement but I don't make those decisions..... the ring does.

Unfortunately I think that Fury isn't taking this fight as seriously as Klitscho is. Unless age has caught up with him, I'm picking Vlad.

Agree about Ortiz, but he really needs a new handler.

Who knows what goes through the mind of Tyson Fury. He'd better be serious or he will be KO"d. Cunningham put him down a while back although Tyson got up and KO'd Cunningham. It will not be the same against Vlad. Either way father time will run it's course. I would not be surprised to see Vlad regain and retire. I do not want to see any fighter do what Roy Jones is doing to himself.

Looks like Adrien Broner is facing another self-inflicted career obstacle. Hopefully the guy is surrounded by some level-headed folks who care about his wellbeing more than he does.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
And it looks like Klitschko will not get a chance to avenge his loss against Fury. Sure, he'll get his belts back but not in the way he deserves to.

Hello again Guys. I'm back.
I have been very busy since last October and still am now.
I will only have time for a post or two a week so I will be looking for your help in getting the word out to the other guys and gals in our Boxing Fraternity.
As I have said before this is YOUR Boxing thread so jump in with your posts, comments and group discussions.
I will not have time to post as much as I have in the past so your posts,discussions, and updates will help us all stay up to speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Pacquiao/ Kahn fight would be a good one. I would be much more interested in that than the Mayweather McGreggor fight that I do not think will ever happen.
Arum is working on a fight in Australia with Paquiao and Jeff Horn. The U. A. E. offer for Paquiao/Kahn is supposedly worth $38,000,000. This would be a good one because Kahn is faster and imo a slightly better technician.He is more than a little chinny as he has been on the canvas more than once .
Paquiao ,on the other hand, has imo way more power, better footwork , and a better resume of competition. He has also been on the canvas. Who can forget the KO by J. M Marquez ?
This could be very interesting to watch. Lets hope this one gets made .

Good to have the thread back. Lots to talk about. For me, I couldn't care less about Khan v PAC. Too many great fights coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom