What's new

TGQ International Sale extended

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

We’re pleased to announce that our INTERNATIONAL SALE HAS BEEN EXTENDED until JUNE 3rd Wednesday, at midnight.

Our beautiful custom hand turned bowls are back IN STOCK.

I have a few pictures to post of our Award Acceptance in Charleston, WV this past Wednesday, but I'll have to wait until later this evening.....sorry, gotta run for now.

XXWarm Regards, Colleen

Please visit The Gentlemen's Quarter - Shaving, Bath and Body, Skincare, Home Fragrance, Brushes, Creams, Soaps ( to take a gander ....lol..ok, ok. ) to learn more about our exclusive product line.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Mmm, I might have to try some of those shaving soaps... One day...

This may be a rather silly question, but what is so special about a 'hand turned bowl'?

Hi Cammyfive, actually its a great question!

We carry two different shaving bowls now. One is less expensive, very serviceable and has been produced in a factory, "cookie cutter style" on an assembly line. I'm sure they pump them out by the thousands, and these will hold any 3 oz. soap.

For our other bowls, we shipped 3 oz. and 1 oz. shaving soaps to the company, and they actually cut these beautiful shaving bowls to fit our soaps. And yes, these have been turned on a lathe; each bowl cut to our specs......by a real person, not by a computerized machine stamping them out.

Does this mean that one is more functional than the other ?.....the answer is, no. Is one of better quality? ....yes. One is just a shaving bowl, while the other is a work of "craftsmanship".

I've attached a couple of photographs for you. So you can see the difference in cut, the difference in grain, and how the inside of the bowl is finished.

I always appreciate any questions, or comments regarding our shaving products or items that we are beginning to carry. It is my goal to add items of quality in a nice range of price, but I obviously want to carry items that are of interest. :wink:

Soapmistress

I've attached a couple of photographs for you. So you can see the difference in cut, the difference in grain, and how the inside of the bowl is finished.

Hi Colleen --

FWIW, I think your hand-turned bowls are absolutely beautiful. :001_wub: Thanks for posting those pix!

Hi Colleen --

FWIW, I think your hand-turned bowls are absolutely beautiful. :001_wub: Thanks for posting those pix!

You're quite welcome! The custom bowls are Beee-U-ti-full, if I do say so myself :biggrin: I've also discovered that the 1 oz. size is perfect for rings and cuff links. It's always nice when something can do double duty, and the custom bowls are handsome enough to leave out on dresser.

Soapmistress

Thank you for the explanation. Those bowls are rather impressive! I'm in the market, which is why I asked my original question, for a nice dark wood bowl to house some new soaps that I just bought or are enroute. One of them is the L'Occitane Cade soap which measures 3.5" in diameter and 3/4" thick.....would that fit in your larger size (I'm presuming the light wood bowl in the pic) bowl?

Hi Cammyfive, actually its a great question!

We carry two different shaving bowls now. One is less expensive, very serviceable and has been produced in a factory, "cookie cutter style" on an assembly line. I'm sure they pump them out by the thousands, and these will hold any 3 oz. soap.

For our other bowls, we shipped 3 oz. and 1 oz. shaving soaps to the company, and they actually cut these beautiful shaving bowls to fit our soaps. And yes, these have been turned on a lathe; each bowl cut to our specs......by a real person, not by a computerized machine stamping them out.

Does this mean that one is more functional than the other ?.....the answer is, no. Is one of better quality? ....yes. One is just a shaving bowl, while the other is a work of "craftsmanship".

I always appreciate any questions, or comments regarding our shaving products or items that we are beginning to carry. It is my goal to add items of quality in a nice range of price, but I obviously want to carry items that are of interest. :wink:

Soapmistress

I just came from the shop downstairs, with my trusty ruler in hand. Here are the exact measurements of the bowls.

For the "Every day Standard" shaving bowl.....in either the dark or light, the measurement is 3" diam x 1 1/8 deep. The sides are cut straight up and down.

For the Custom bowl 3 oz. size (Dark) 3" 1/16 diam x 1" deep......the sides are rounded....like a bowl.

Custom 3 oz. (Light) 3" 1/4 diam x 1" deep.....sides are rounded

Custom 1 oz. (Dark ) 2" diam x 7/8 deep...sides are cut straight up and down.

Cammyfive, I thick your best bet would be the standard size bowl....and if the soap is 3.5 in diam. you could always shave the soap to fit, then as you use it up, add your shavings back in.

Hope that helps!

XXWarm Regards, Colleen

Thank you for the explanation. Those bowls are rather impressive! I'm in the market, which is why I asked my original question, for a nice dark wood bowl to house some new soaps that I just bought or are enroute. One of them is the L'Occitane Cade soap which measures 3.5" in diameter and 3/4" thick.....would that fit in your larger size (I'm presuming the light wood bowl in the pic) bowl?

Cammy, a veggie peeler from the kitchen can make any soap fit any bowl.
Or it could be milled to fit,check out the tutorial.
:001_smile

Afternoon Gentlemen,

Today is the first day that I've had a chance to take a deep breath since our day in the Capital of WV this past Wednesday. I wanted to share a bit of the story with you, and attach some pictures. Because truly.....it is only because of YOU.....our "International customers", that this past Wednesday will be remembered by me as one very special day. Below is clipped and edited from a post last Wednesday night.

Today was our day to receive the plaque from the Governor....and I must say that "today".....has been one of the proudest moments in my life. :biggrin:

I took great care to wear something that was professional yet a little womanly. When I arrived at the west wing of the Capital building there were ALOT of people there; TV cameras, photographers. The number of people seated to receive awards were perhaps 20, but when you counted staff and the media it seemed more like a hundred.

After the Governor came in and everyone returned to their seats, the Govenor gave a brief speech, and then the speaker would call a business name, and the person went forward ( while the speaker listed the countries of sale ) and stood at the front to be recognized by the Governor, to receive a plaque and have your picture taken with the "Govna". :wink:

If I wrote everything that happened today....well, ya know....it would be too long winded, so I'll just tell you the most fun part. I was nervous sitting there in a room full of businessmen, praying to God that when my turn came to walk up front, I wouldn't trip in my high heels. When they called my name and I walked up front, there was quite an undercurrent of conversation taking place from the group of businessmen seated. (mostly big business, coal, timber, chemicals, metals) And while I know the speaker was listing off my countries of sale, I don't remember a single one....lol.

I only remember the Governor telling me that he was very impressed, shaking my hand, And me.....grinning like a Cheshire cat....lol. I returned to my seat with my prized plaque and was a little dissappointed that the names of all the countries weren't engraved on it, as was my understanding.

HOWEVER, ( there's my favorite word ) the plaque did have the currency of Poland attached, and I thought....well, maybe the plaque shows the currency of the one country listed that none of the others have. Like, what do I know....hey this is my first time....lol. I was just sooooo happy to be there, I didn't care.

After the award ceremony, there was a catered luncheon under the dome of the Capital......and several gentlemen came over to ask me what my line of business was, so we chatted about shaving, and the shaving forums, and each gentlemen commented on the countries mentioned during the ceremony saying, "Wow......that's quite a list of countries you had" :biggrin:

But all these questions placed me at the end of the lunch line so while I'm standing there, the manager of the International trade council came over to me and said, " where are you parked ? We have to figure out some way to get all these plaques to your car" ........ I said, " Uhhhhm, excuse me ?.... "I have my plaque; I don't know what you mean? " :confused:.

.......and then she sorda chuckled and said, " No, Colleen.....you have a separate plaque for each country".... She said, "We only gave you one during the ceremony to save time"......

Well.....JIM-O-Neeeeee Cricket :w00t:

I cannot tell you how surprised I was; how surprised .....I still AM. ( and hey, its a week later, and I still can't wipe this grin off of my face ) There were so many wonderful things that happened today that it would take 3 more pages to tell the "tale".

So once again. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of our International customers for making today, a day I'll never forget. And another HUGE THANK YOU to all of the fine MEN of Badger & Blade, who are helping this little business to grow.

XXWarm Regards, Colleen

Top Bottom