What's new

TATARA RAZORS joins B&B!

Welcome to B&B. Today's razor companies produce the same 3 piece razors without much investment on R&D. But you are the few exceptions who always try to bring up something different. I really love your product and am eagerly waiting for your next SE.

Welcome aboard João and Tatara Team! Always a pleasure speaking with you. Thanks for your great customer support over the years. I LOVE my Muramasa and Nodachi Ti razors. Can’t wait for the new Ti stand for the Nodachi.

~May I suggest a baseplate between the Nodachi and Muramasa like around .80 gap, maybe naming it Odachi “great sword”. It will make so much sense to have something in the middle of the road gap wise and good move for Tatara.

Wish you the best on B&B and looking forward with enthusiasm for your next project!

All the Best,
~Marius

Hello Joao and the Tatara team, welcome to these forums.

I have a Muramasa, and am very happy with it.

I am looking forward to your next products, hopefully some of them will be new razors or at least new extensions (parts) to existing ones.
Hi Amorphous Metal,

Yes we will have already a launch of 2 new products this week! And towards the end of the year, we hope to have things ready for the launch of our SE! Keep an eye on our newsletter to receive all info and behind the scenes about these 🙂

Welcome to B&B. Today's razor companies produce the same 3 piece razors without much investment on R&D. But you are the few exceptions who always try to bring up something different. I really love your product and am eagerly waiting for your next SE.

You've touched on a very important point for us. R&D is definitely an area where Tatara focuses, and it's also where we feel most comfortable, as it's what we excel at.

We aspire to be a company that innovates and brings something new and unique to the wet shaving community; offering more of the same doesn't really achieve anything spectacular.

You might be interested in our patented Muramasa adjustable brush! It will be launched this week, and we are very excited to hear your opinion!

Welcome aboard João and Tatara Team! Always a pleasure speaking with you. Thanks for your great customer support over the years. I LOVE my Muramasa and Nodachi Ti razors. Can’t wait for the new Ti stand for the Nodachi.

~May I suggest a baseplate between the Nodachi and Muramasa like around .80 gap, maybe naming it Odachi “great sword”. It will make so much sense to have something in the middle of the road gap wise and good move for Tatara.

Wish you the best on B&B and looking forward with enthusiasm for your next project!

All the Best,
~Marius

Hi Marius,

Thank you for the tip! It could definitely be an option. May I ask why you think this plate would be important? As a brand, we need to ensure strength in the products we launch and maintain in our line, without risking having too many options and potentially losing focus and quality on the ones we already have and believe in. While the possibilities are endless, we need to make wise choices for the lineup of products we offer to protect the brand.

I would like to see an artist club style replaceable blade straight razor, or/and a Japanese inspired straight razor.

Is this something Tatara Razors are considering?

Great to see Tatara here! Its on my list to try their new soap, ive heard great things!

Is there any chance of new handles? I saw there was a poll once on Instagram with prototypes, would be cool to see something in that department. I especially love the upper two. If they still are lying around unused, I'd be interested :clap:

handles.png

Hi Marius,

Thank you for the tip! It could definitely be an option. May I ask why you think this plate would be important? As a brand, we need to ensure strength in the products we launch and maintain in our line, without risking having too many options and potentially losing focus and quality on the ones we already have and believe in. While the possibilities are endless, we need to make wise choices for the lineup of products we offer to protect the brand.
The more options we have to choose from, the more confident we are about identifying exactly what we are looking for. Because of this, our expectations are set higher than they would have been if given fewer options. For me personally, it would meet my needs as Nodachi is perfect for every other day or 2-3 days growth, but is not a daily driver. Sometimes I do shave daily and found in the past that the Masamune was too mild. I have the Muramasa set at 4 to take on that task, which I believe is around ~.80 gap with slightly positive exposure. Although, I do understand your position, imo I think you will gain more customers if you offer this option as well. Just my 2cents.

Great to see Tatara here! Its on my list to try their new soap, ive heard great things!

Is there any chance of new handles? I saw there was a poll once on Instagram with prototypes, would be cool to see something in that department. I especially love the upper two. If they still are lying around unused, I'd be interested :clap:

View attachment 1830410

Thanks, buddy, the soap is definitely a must, and we're launching the aftershave now! The reviews have been very kind, and it looks like we have some big fans of our scent!

As for the handles, that's a topic for the future, after the SE. We're planning to introduce some special editions for those who want to enjoy the Tatara designs even more ;)

Perhaps ... adjustable SE (AC?) razor with sliding lower plate something in the line of muramasa which would leverage your existing IP by using one of your unique (signature) design elements, bringing adjustability to SE (which for SE AC, adjustability is mostly relying on different types of blades or switchable baseplates). To me it sounds interesting to have SE AC razor loaded with the sharpest Feathers but then have the mechanism at/in hand with which to adjust the blade exposure, angle and aggrestion ... but since I am not too familiar with SE and do not own any SE razors ... so to instill some self critique, to me that idea also sounds a bit far fetched but hey, it's a forum ... :)

I have a Masamune with OC plate and a Nodachi with both plates. They give wonderful shaves and the precision is impressive. I love having the ability to try different combinations, like pairing the Nodachi top cap with Masamune plate or the Masamune top cap with Nodachi plate etc. It would be great to have a 75-80 SB plate between the Masamune and Nodachi plates.

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just got a mail 25% off for every Open Comb razor.

Time to grab that Nodachi OC and go wild. The only razor I could still grab is the Muramasa, no OC there, unfortunately! ;)

Top Bottom