What's new

Battle of the Precision Milds

Would you mind sharing some insights?
Sure, no problem. I changed several things.

1) I began pretending that I was scraping lather off of a balloon, and the goal was to get the lather off without popping the balloon. My guess is that I was using too much pressure with the ASD2 and this tip helped with that. The Henson is more forgiving of too much pressure.

2) I changed the angle of the razor, more towards 45 degrees (towards the cap). The ASD2 has a narrow sweet spot. If I'm too much toward the cap there is no cutting. If I am too vertical i.e. too much "off" the cap then it shaves but there is audible feedback and a more rough sensation (sometimes along with skin irritation or bites/weepers). When I hit the goldilocks spot there is almost no shaving sensation and a great shave result. I have not been able to replicate this with the Henson.

3) I shortened my stroke. I think that this made each stroke more "accurate" and easier to maintain both #1 and #2.

Sure, no problem. I changed several things.

1) I began pretending that I was scraping lather off of a balloon, and the goal was to get the lather off without popping the balloon. My guess is that I was using too much pressure with the ASD2 and this tip helped with that. The Henson is more forgiving of too much pressure.

2) I changed the angle of the razor, more towards 45 degrees (towards the cap). The ASD2 has a narrow sweet spot. If I'm too much toward the cap there is no cutting. If I am too vertical i.e. too much "off" the cap then it shaves but there is audible feedback and a more rough sensation (sometimes along with skin irritation or bites/weepers). When I hit the goldilocks spot there is almost no shaving sensation and a great shave result. I have not been able to replicate this with the Henson.

3) I shortened my stroke. I think that this made each stroke more "accurate" and easier to maintain both #1 and #2.
Thanks for your explanation. I'll give it a try soon! 👍

Top Bottom